<- Return to getpimp.org

New errors GPU 5: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyFailed to connect to Mir: Failed to connect to server socket: No such file or directory

• Hi all,
    Im getting loads of errors from my Zcash rig now. GPUTOOL remove and reconfig returns tonne of errors now. Below is the gputool --status:

nVidia GeForce GTX 1070, Temp: 46C, Fan: 0%, Core Clock: 594 Mhz ( Offset), Memory Clock: 810 Mhz ( Offset), Performance state: 5, Power Usage: 13.7W (230W Max)
    GPU 5: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyFailed to connect to Mir: Failed to connect to server socket: No such file or directory
    Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
    Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
    ERROR: Unable to find display on any available system

• This is the results of a gputool--config. Similar messages but also mentioning about nvidia-settings and no display. This machine is accessed via shell only, no display. Is there a way I fix this?

No protocol specified
    Failed to connect to Mir: Failed to connect to server socket: No such file or directory

ERROR: The control display is undefined; please run /usr/bin/nvidia-settings --help for usage information.

• im also having the same issue. the card is running but not at the settings i set in the config.

• Can anyone assist here? GPUs work fine, this is the result of a gputool --config for every GPU.

Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyFailed to connect to Mir: Failed to connect to server socket: No such file or directory
    Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
    ERROR: Unable to find display on any available system

Here is the helpme with all the system data.
    https://helpme.getpimp.org/notl-1515850223.html

• I dont have a solution for this yet but I have a workaround. Seems like this problem has something to do with xorg. The workaround is not great but it works. Simply use VNC (or in my case teamviewer) to get onto the desktop. Then run your gputool --config from shell and it will work without errors. This looks like a new issue in 2.4.2 with where xserver is no longer setup to be headless?

• Support

Nvidia cards require the GUI to control the hardware. It is a nvidia driver limitation.

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2017 PiMP LLC. All rights Reserved.

Looks like your connection to PiMP Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.