Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum

Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...

Quick Links

RX 5700 xt driver is missing in PimpOS

• I have two rigs with RX5700 xt PimpOS doesn't support RX 5700 xt. Any plan to upgrade PimpOS to support the new AMD Graphic Cards.

• Same, running my RX5700XT on a windows rig but would much prefer it on my pimp rig. Tried updating the drivers myself and had to reimage pimp.

• Support

This isn't really an issue of PiMP OS supporting these GPU's... This is two-fold:

1. Whether or not the AMD Linux drivers (as provided by AMD) will support the Linux kernel and the GPU's.
    2. Whether or not the miner developers code their miners to support these GPU's.

Every new version of PiMP OS is released with the most current (and stable) GPU driver sets available at the time the image is created. v2.22b is currently being Beta Tested with the newest drivers and should support the RX 5000-series GPU's, however, we do not have access to every GPU out there to test with and as so, we rely heavily upon our Beta Team to test and confirm these kinds of things.

If I'm not mistaken, we do have one Beta Team member who owns some RX 5600 XT GPU's and is actively testing them on the current Beta release. Feel free to jump on our Discord channel and discuss these GPU's. Also, if you have these GPU's and are willing to assist us in the testing of them, please consider applying for a position on our Beta Team. http://getpimp.org/beta/

• Staff

@khalidnt said in RX 5700 xt driver is missing in PimpOS:

I have two rigs with RX5700 xt PimpOS doesn't support RX 5700 xt. Any plan to upgrade PimpOS to support the new AMD Graphic Cards.

Hello kjhalidnt, sorry for the wait, but we have support for your GPUs in the latest release, PIMP IMAGE 2.24.0, which you will need to download and re-write your SSD. gputool suppport still limited, use miner FLAGS in pcfg or rocm-smi and other /opt/pimp tools to set clocks & fans for now.

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

© 2014-2021 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC