Welcome to the PiMP Mining Community Forum.

Coin/crypto news, miner.farm and getpimp.org announcements, guides, and tips.

Setting up Motherboards for Mining

• Something is missing in my Biostar TB250-BTC+ bios settings to get the pimp os to boot. I've tried legacy and uefi on the storage option.

I'm going to update flash my boss in the morning. Does anyone have this mother board that can share settings?

• It is good practice to go and look for a mobo BIOS update before you start with Pimp. GPUs on risers came later, and requires an up to date bios.

• Gigabyte GA-F2A8BX-D3HP. Anyone tried this Motherboard?

• Hello everyone, I have an AsRock BTC H110 followed the instructions on the documentation to install Pimp, but I'm receiving the following error: invalid video mode specification 'text', booting in blind mode, does anyone faced this issue before?

• Staff

@rcervantes Reported that the reimage solved his issues. Thanks!

• Staff

Trying Gen2 or Gen1 seems to help too, I use Gen2 usually.

Actually, there's a more important BIOS option that's not available with some mobo's
    I saw the PCI latency greatly affecting stability of some miners, its optimum for mining is about 96 clocks but 64 may be better for stability, so one should better trial and error those if you are having stability issues with mining.

• Just been looking on what I need to do - has anyone used a ASUS M5A97 LE R2 motherboard for mining
    or am I looking at a new board? for example I haven't come across a GEN switch within the BIOS. thanks!

• Staff

@manuk08 hey! Glad to see you. What are you mining? Are you having problems? Did you see anything about PCIe in the bios? And did you try running the network update from the bios? We will get you going no problem.. Thanks!

• Hi Melt.. Very new member here.. only just got to transferred the system onto the SSD and I was reading your setting up your motherboard section
    and half of the the switches listed are on this board. If you can give me any pointers that I need to start with then I'll kick ball rolling in the morning
    thanks again.

• Staff

Set what you can and see if you can boot, validate, and ssh in. If that doesnt work we can look at your manual and suggest further. Also, we have folks in discord chat to help you live anytime.

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2012-2019 Portable Instant Mining Platform LLC. All rights Reserved.