How can you install another version of a miner to be updated by the pimpos system?

• Here is what I am trying to do, I want to git clone the djm34 lyra2 ccminer into pimpos and have pimpup manage it from the git https, I have a feeling that this is possible I just need directions on how to do it.

Thanks,
    Surya

• guess not :( i was looking to do the same thing with ccminer... there is a version that does support my card, but the ones installed do not.

• Staff

if the miner application is branched from an already supported miner, and the new developer chose to keep the API intact, and upto date. The integration is pretty simple.

• how?

I am using XMR-Stak and it's not in your list of miners but it's the only one I can use on my older card.

• Staff

xmr-stak is not branched from anything we have already built wrappers around. But! As discussed earlier, you can use xmrMiner, its branched from ccminer and will bolt right in :)

https://github.com/xmrMiner/xmrMiner

Still supports all the way back to sm20,sm21 devices, and everything between. Might need a tiny bit of hoop jumping to get compiled up, but if you built xmr-stak, you should have no issues with it. Ping me if you do have issues, and I will slip you a binary for pimp.

• ok so, I am running that GTX 960 4GB card and it is connected to a computer I got for free, the computer is running PCI Express v2. The single GTX card is only hashing at around 149 H/s I cannot afford to buy a new motherboard yet as I am buying 1 piece per paycheck. If I were to use a different Miner program, would that help increase my hash rate?

keep in mind I am using the low hash power for BCN.

I have gone through and tested / tweaked every setting inside of XMR-Stak and cannot get more power out of that card. Does it make sense, other than the card reporting back to the pimpos to switch miners?

• Staff

That rate is pretty low for that card. I have a GTX660ti that someone else was requesting support for, so I put one in a rig as was able to get 270H/s from it, while it stays stable and runs just fine.

To help you, I need more information. Can you run 'helpme' and provide the url? What temp does the card run at?

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2017 PiMP LLC. All rights Reserved.

Looks like your connection to PiMP Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.