Welcome to the PiMP OS and Miner.farm forum.

How can you install another version of a miner to be updated by the pimpos system?

• Here is what I am trying to do, I want to git clone the djm34 lyra2 ccminer into pimpos and have pimpup manage it from the git https, I have a feeling that this is possible I just need directions on how to do it.

Thanks,
    Surya

• guess not :( i was looking to do the same thing with ccminer... there is a version that does support my card, but the ones installed do not.

• Staff

if the miner application is branched from an already supported miner, and the new developer chose to keep the API intact, and upto date. The integration is pretty simple.

• how?

I am using XMR-Stak and it's not in your list of miners but it's the only one I can use on my older card.

• Staff

xmr-stak is not branched from anything we have already built wrappers around. But! As discussed earlier, you can use xmrMiner, its branched from ccminer and will bolt right in :)

https://github.com/xmrMiner/xmrMiner

Still supports all the way back to sm20,sm21 devices, and everything between. Might need a tiny bit of hoop jumping to get compiled up, but if you built xmr-stak, you should have no issues with it. Ping me if you do have issues, and I will slip you a binary for pimp.

• ok so, I am running that GTX 960 4GB card and it is connected to a computer I got for free, the computer is running PCI Express v2. The single GTX card is only hashing at around 149 H/s I cannot afford to buy a new motherboard yet as I am buying 1 piece per paycheck. If I were to use a different Miner program, would that help increase my hash rate?

keep in mind I am using the low hash power for BCN.

I have gone through and tested / tweaked every setting inside of XMR-Stak and cannot get more power out of that card. Does it make sense, other than the card reporting back to the pimpos to switch miners?

• Staff

That rate is pretty low for that card. I have a GTX660ti that someone else was requesting support for, so I put one in a rig as was able to get 270H/s from it, while it stays stable and runs just fine.

To help you, I need more information. Can you run 'helpme' and provide the url? What temp does the card run at?

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2012-2018 PiMP LLC. All rights Reserved.