<- Return to getpimp.org

Is Profit switching on the roadmap?

• Love using PimpOs and it's already a great product. Thank you!

Now, I was wondering if there is any through being put towards adding a profit switching functionality to the program. Yes, I can point my miner to Mining Pool Hub and let it do its multi-algo thing. However, it would be nice to be able to use realtime pool profitability to choose the right multi-algo pool (MPH, ZPool, Nicehash, etc.) automatically. Any chance this is on the horizon for PimpOS?

Thanks again - B

• Support

Hello @eco.currency
    We are already thinking about the best way to realize this task, but not everything is as simple as you understand.
    Thank you for your support :)

• I'm guessing the problem is about the differences of format in the config files. However since they all must be parseable and syntactically correct, use ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) technique or even an XSLT. Each miner (which are limited) has a transformation defined for it which allows the pools existent to be read. Hooks added into pimp allow the flow of the pool list in and out from the shell and miner.farm. Once the transform is done, I also guess the hooks to trigger a change are the easy bit. The ETL or XSLTs are very simple to implement and will go a long way considering the authors of the miners are extremely unlikely to change their config formats or syntaxes.

• Staff

Here is our official position on auto switching https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/2138/pool-auto-switching

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2017 PiMP LLC. All rights Reserved.

Looks like your connection to PiMP Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.