<- Return to getpimp.org

H110 PRO BTC+ 7th GPU issue

• Hello,
    I have started mining recently and I always experience following issue:

The first six GPUs work fine, but as soon as I plug in the 7th one, pimp OS doesn't boot up properly and shuts down after a few minutes (screen can be seen in attached photo). I have also read the other discussions about this issue, but nothing seems to help.

Please tell me what I can do to fix this issue, as mining has been a lot of fun to me up to this point and seems to become a serious hobby of mine.
    Thank you!
    0_1515069072046_InkedIMG_4474_LI.jpg

• If you press Ctl+Alt+F2 does it bring you into a normal terminal? If it does I would start checking some of the log files and trying to figure out why it is shutting down. Pimp only recommends 6 GPUs and most people with more than that notice that the GUI no longer loads. Its not a big problem if you can SSH in because most of the time you don't even need a screen on the rig. I would just worry about those shutdowns and finding out why its happening. Good place to start your hunt would be the syslog located at /var/log/syslog.

Let us know what you find or if you need help looking at the logs! Good luck!

• Thank you!
    I'll check that and let you know what the exact issue is.

• Support

Too little information.
    Is it shutting down immediately or after the beginning of the hashing?
    What version of PiMP?
    Which PSU do you use?
    Show us result of your helpme command.

• Thanks for helping me!
    The issue kinda solved itself, as I had the information that there wouldn't be a GUI, I tried it another time and it didn't shut down by itself anymore. Now my rig is up and running for several hours already.

Thank you for the quick support Catch22 and blackice!

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2017 PiMP LLC. All rights Reserved.

Looks like your connection to PiMP Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.