Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum

Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...

Note: To change your forum username: login, click your avatar icon (top right?), Edit Profile. Change the "full name" field to your preferred username.

Quick Links

Identifying GPU's, which is 0,1,2 etc

• How do you know which GPU is which while you're troubleshooting individual problems?

• You can use gputool --list command to see UUIDs of you cards. Disconnect one by one and memorize.

• Thanks blackice!

• just to add to this, is there a way to get more detailed information about the gpus? For instance the difference between a GTX 1070 from Asus or MSI? Ive mixed and matched both GTX 1070 and RX580s from different OEMs. It would be very useful if I could differentiate between them.

• Hi,

I'm also interested in this topic. As i have more than 15 rigs of 8 GPUs. Disconnecting and memorizing each of them is just not good for me.
    I used ethos distro before and was able to use a simple command to identify a GPU. For instance, I could stop the miner first, then run the "find-gpu" command for GPU1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 etc. That would speedup the GPU fan so i could identify it on the motherboard.

Is there any command with same behaviour on pimp? Or maybe i could switch on/off light to identify my GPU? But i could not find anything for AMD RX580.

Any help?

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• If you upgrade to PIMP-2.5-ALL: RELEASED 20180210 then you will have that ability to identify your GPU's.

PIMP-2.5-ALL: RELEASED 20180210
    Image only, not availabie via pimpup

To get the "gputool --find [ID]" feature working you will have to upgrade to the latest PiMP image.

Thanks for getting this out to us.

I really hate to reimage to get this feature but the update apparently has a lot of useful upgrades in it. It just feels like starting all over again. Remove drive -- reflash, add your license details upload your saved "gpu-config.json" and customized .conf files - this makes this all seem so much more like a hobby than actually running a mining operation. Why isn't there a script that will back up all of this effort up into a package that you can simply apply to your newly flashed drive so that you are running again in minutes instead of an hour or more?

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

© 2014-2021 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC