Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum
Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...
- Configuring the rig: Help / Getting started videos
- How to fix problems: Troubleshooting guides
- How to mine different algos / setup wallets: Strategy guides
- Keys and Downloads: your Miner.farm account page
- Post your rig pics to the rig showcase so we can all check out your awesome builds!
- Please subscribe/like/follow us on social media
How to mine without a pool
philalux last edited by
I'm new in the mining world and when I see the config files to mine, all of them have defined a pool server.
How can I mine on my own without using a pool ?
Hello, this is called Solo Mining. you would have to run a full node rpc wallet in yoyr local network, not on the rig, and use a miner that mines directly to it. However, unless you have 50 rigs or more, this is not optimal. And it is simpler to run your own pool. Also, most profitable miners do not support solo mining. Consult your miners documentation for how it is used in this way.
The benefits of using pools are discussed in articles here: https://forum.getpimp.org/category/14/crypto-currency-faq
Most of all, regular consistent payouts are a large benefit of pool mining.
Hope this helps you!
We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.
© 2014-2020 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC