Welcome to the PiMP Mining Community Forum.
Coin/crypto news, miner.farm and getpimp.org announcements, guides, and tips.
- Check out the help videos in getting started and our coin strategy guides, and post if you need some help.
- Post your rig pics to the rig showcase so we can all check out your awesome builds!
- Don't forget to subscribe and please like/follow us on social media!
How to get hashcat onto a working pimpOS rig, by krzivn
dbct last edited by
How to get hashcat onto a working pimpOS rig. (don’t bother with this unless all your cards are working)
- cd to the directory you want it to live in.
- wget https://hashcat.net/files/hashcat-126.96.36.199z
(or use the latest link to the binaries download here: https://hashcat.net/hashcat/)
- 7za x hashcat-188.8.131.52z
(this decompresses the archive into a folder of the same name, less the 7z extention)
- cd hashcat-184.108.40.206
- ./hashcat64.bin -b
(run a benchmark and see just how beastly your rig is)
a. Beyond setting it up and benchmarking, I haven’t had a chance to attempt proper cracking yet. There is a good chance the exec timeout warning will cause issues when in the thick of it. Details here: https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=timeout_patch
b. Running a bunch of cards on PCIE1 risers at pcie2 might present a bandwidth issue with wordlists, but probably not.
c. Teeny levels of RAM and wimpy CPUs commonly present on rigs, might present an issue, unknown, see a.
My benchmark (6x gtx 1070s): http://paste.ubuntu.com/25203299/
wolfish last edited by
It absolutely works like a champ. The timeout warning haven't been an issue yet, and any issues I have had I don't think are specific to PiMP.
Using hashcat effectively is in and of itself a convoluted dive into statistics and psychology, but having the muscle of a rig handy has been a huge help for my security studies.
(just be sure to stop any running miners, right?)
We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.
Copyright (c) 2012-2019 Portable Instant Mining Platform LLC. All rights Reserved.