Welcome to the PiMP Mining Community Forum.

Coin/crypto news, miner.farm and getpimp.org announcements, guides, and tips.

Bminer manual update: How to manually update a miner

• Developer

Hello community,

I've been asked to create this "how-to-guide" using "SSH" session, and for me Mac (you can of course use Linux / Windows too), to aid those user's who "just can't wait" for the newest Bminer miner Version to officially be released, and want to try it out first :) - I don't blame you, I do too!!

So, as promoised hear is the "how-to-guide" Not using "pimpup" of course:-

Step 1 - Navigate to the "bminer" miner folder:-

Type the following command "cd /opt/miners/bminer" then press "enter" button on your keyboard, this will load the following via your ssh session - see screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 13.34.36.png

To confirm you are in the correct "bminer" folder, run the following command "ls" then press "enter" button on your keyboard, which will show you the full "bminer" folder path and what files / folders are in the "bminer" folder, as per screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 13.43.18.png

Step 2 - Download latest Bminer miner version from the official "bminer.me" website into the bminer folder you are now currently in re "Step 1" above

a) For the first part of "Step 2" you will need to use your host system that you are using to "SSH" into your rig in order to get the latest Bminer miner version, download link - the download link is: "https://www.bminercontent.com/releases/bminer-v15.2.0-c1d0f59-amd64.tar.xz".

To get the above download link, you will need to on your host system, open a browser of your choosing (I'm using the latest version of Firefox), and navigate to "https://www.bminer.me/releases/" ,and look for the latest Bminer miner release version, usually located at the top of the page - unless a newer release version is out already out, as the Bminer dev team like to keep us busy :)

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 12.22.04.png

b) Next as per the screenshot above, their will be 3 columns, namely "Filename, Platform, and SHA256 checksum (which you can use to check file integrating, though this is out of the scope for this guide)", look at the second column "Platform" and look for "Linux x64", which should be the first on the list, then to the left of "Linux x64" under the first column "Filename" look for the file "bminer-v15.2.0-c1d0f59-amd64.tar.xz".
    With your "mouse" hover over the "bminer-v15.2.0-c1d0f59-amd64.tar.xz", then "right-click it and for Mac user's (as I am using a Mac) select using "left-click" this time from the list of options "Copy Link Location" as per screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 12.22.33.png

For Windows and Linux user's apologies, but I'm sure if you reading this guide forgive but I am guessing you are not standard user's (I hope not), so you already know or can work out, that the goal hear is to copy the full "url" path to where the latest Bminer version folder is located, i.e. "https://www.bminercontent.com/releases/bminer-v15.2.0-c1d0f59-amd64.tar.xz".

c) Once you have copied the full "url" path "https://www.bminercontent.com/releases/bminer-v15.2.0-c1d0f59-amd64.tar.xz" (for Mac user's that's as above left-clicking the "Copy Link Location" option on your mouse as per above), go back to your "SSH" session for your rig, and making sure your still in the "opt/miners/bminer" folder, run the following command: "wget https://www.bminercontent.com/releases/bminer-v15.2.0-c1d0f59-amd64.tar.xz" then press the "enter" button on your keyboard, and the download should start, as per screenshots below.

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 13.47.02.png

d) Wait for the download to complete, and you should get the following output, as per screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 13.49.07.png

e) Double, check that the folder "bminer-v15.2.0-c1d0f59-amd64.tar.xz" is now in the "/opt/miners/bminer" directory, by running the following command "ls" then press the "enter" button on your keyboard. It should display the following output including folder "bminer-v15.2.0-c1d0f59-amd64.tar.xz", as per screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 15.34.09.png

Step 3 - Unzip the contents of the downloaded "bminer-v15.2.0-c1d0f59-amd64.tar.xz" into the "bminer" folder

To unzip the contents of folder "bminer-v15.2.0-c1d0f59-amd64.tar.xz", run the following command "tar -xf bminer-v15.2.0-c1d0f59-amd64.tar.xz" then press the "enter" button on keyboard.

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 14.39.41.png

Note - If it has worked, then when you press the"enter" button on your keyboard, you should get the following screen shot",

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 14.44.44.png

if you do have an error, it will then instead of the above screen shot, you will get an error message - In which, case double check that you have performed all steps currently correctly, and or chat with us on Discord if you need for assistance.

To confirm that the zipped folder has now been successfully unzipped (note the unzipped folder name will have change to "bminer-v15.2.0-c1d0f59") and is now located in the "/opt/miners/bminer" folder, run the following command "ls" then press the "enter" button on your keyboard.

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 14.47.58.png

Step 4 - Copy the contents of the "bminer-v15.2.0-c1d0f59" folder to "/opt/miners/bminer" folder

To copy all files and folders from the "bminer-v15.2.0-c1d0f59" folder to the "/opt/miners/bminer" folder, run the following command "cp -a bminer-v15.2.0-c1d0f59/. /opt/miners/bminer" the press the "enter" button on your keyboard.

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 14.53.47.png

Note - If it has worked, then when you press the "enter" button on your keyboard, you should get the following screen",

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 14.54.11.png

if you do have an error, it will then instead of the above screen, you will get an error message - In which, case double check that you have performed all steps currently correctly, and or chat with us on Discord if you need for assistance.

To confirm, all contents of the "bminer-v15.2.0-c1d0f59" folder has now been successfully copied to the "/opt/miners/bminer" folder, run the following command "ls" then press the "enter" on your keyboard.

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 14.59.36.png

Note - There are many more files then previously, and the other way of checking is of course as I will go through in "Step5".

Step 5 - Run Bminer miner via "pimp --test 2" (Bminer is my second miner that's why I will be using pimp --test 2, but if you have the one Bminer, then it will be pimp --test 1), and check via output you are now using latest version "15.2.0 (Current)"

So I am assuming hear that you have already added "Bminer" via "pimp --add" or via "minerfarm" (which, brings up the minerfarm agent console window), thus, all you need to do to check that PiMP OS is now using the latest Bminer Version 15.2.0, is to run the following command "pimp --test 1" (or in my case test 2), and press the "enter" button on your keyboard.
    You should then get the following output, broken down into part a) and b):-

a) First screenshot confirms Bminer has started successfully,

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 13.54.48.png

and,

b) The second screenshot confirm Bminer Version (v15.2.0-c1d0f59), and that it is mining to the given pool you are using depending on the coin you are mining.

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 13.54.38.png

To stop the bminer miner, after above confirmed, on your keyboard press "ctrl" + "c" together to stop and exit the miner.

Congratulations - You have successfully installed the Latest Bminer miner Version; and Happy Mining All!!

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2012-2019 Portable Instant Mining Platform LLC. All rights Reserved.