Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum
Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...
- Configuring the rig: Help / Getting started videos
- How to fix problems: Coin strategy guides
- Keys and Downloads: your Miner.farm account page
- Post your rig pics to the rig showcase so we can all check out your awesome builds!
- Please subscribe/like/follow us on social media
2019-02-13 GTX 1660Ti talk, event handling ideas, crypto regulation, new releases and miners
Welcome to the Notes for Clubhouse call: Feb-6-2019
To get to the Call..... Click "Mining Clubhouse!" voice channel in PiMP Discord!
- Last meeting's notes: https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/6023/2019-01-30-more-mimble-for-your-wimble-grin-beam-talk-new-sapphire-cards-some-bug-fixes-gputool-3-ideas-helpme3-preview-coming-soon
Welcome/Intros (intro thread: https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/1465/please-introduce-yourself-here/ )
DocDrydenn Geo Lily Louis melt Sequal
- Check out our new discord community channels - anyone may post - #gaming #hardware-equipment and #crypto-news!
helpme3 vs minerfarm agent
- having an agent monitoring and calling a script for threshold - like watchdog services.
- we already data gather and allow profiles to miner.farm.
- event handling would be in the minerfarm agent - and be recognized by mf.
- custom event handlers - that can be pushed just like configurations
- reboot on condition - is a great expansion
Regulation is just like computer security... There is always the balance between productivity and security. More security means more time spent dealing with security on both sides.
Security needs ?
Has nothing to do specifically with crypto, more like bad actors getting caught.
- The feds can recognize the crimes.
1660Ti - anyone gonna buy these? will they be a good price point for hash/watt?
No Raytracing - seems like a retreat and that it was released early or hype feature?
Coin/Algos (Prices/Mining Profits/Difficulty)
mining GRIN now even on nvidia throws CUDA errors and the NVIDIA driver is crashing and bringing the rig to needing a reboot.
PIMP OS news:
Q: Is setting voltages on AMD cards via gputool a useful feature?
- Public Release ETA mid-Feb
- Newest video drivers and Linux packages (including CUDA 10)
- Including the newer firmware blobs.
- Dev Team is working hard on the back-end and new PiMP tools.
- (select Beta Team testing of the PiMP tools will be happening)
- This is the design prototype - NOW is the time! to give design input
- All of the tools are going to be looking like pimpup3 soon.
- Being able to separate all the services across the resources they need, was a real feather in our cap!
Lily, did you enjoy the work on miner.farm 3?
It was great to roll out the fixes to all the problems and bugs we wanted to fix and what people asked us to do or fix.
It was an enormous amount of work - and designing the entire project and infrastructure
The changeover happened at the complete wrong time and we had a heck of a weekend but it's been pretty great overall!
Anyone attending crypto meetups/conventions?
Please provide your known working OC settings.
Missed the call? Listen to the podcast at https://getpimp.org/pimppodcast/
We are also on iTunes / Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, RSS Feed, and Blubrry Podcasts!
Please like/follow/ do something quick, easy, and free to help support pimp and get the word out - our social media links are here: https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/188/follow-pimp-on-social-media-subscribe-to-the-podcast-in-your-favorite-app-other-crypto-forums-and-more
The PiMP Family is always looking for new Beta Team members. Apply now at https://getpimp.org/beta
Get first-hand knowlege of PiMP OS - Jump into the PiMP OS Discord channel and ask away. We're here to help.
Join us on our forums at https://forum.getpimp.org
Thank you for your support!
We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.
© 2014-2020 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC