Welcome to the PiMP Mining Community Forum.

Coin/crypto news, miner.farm and getpimp.org announcements, guides, and tips.

Running Miner, but no mining.

• Hey what's up guys,

I've been running my rig for a while now and suddenly it stopped working.
    After rebooting my rig, even if it indicates that the Miner is running, it is not mining.
    It seems that the connection to MiningPoolHub is being refused.

I have to sat that my router is acting very weird these couple days (security protocol). Even tho, every of my mobile devices are getting a proper connection to internet. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that at every boot, I need to enter this command in the Terminal : "sudo dhclient eth0" ?

I have tried many things, but connot solve the problem. Have any idea where should I put my effort into ?

Heres a picture of my mining rig running PIMP OS 2.8.6 with the latest "pimpup", "sudo apt-get update" and "sudo apt-get upgrade".

Mining_Rig.png

• Staff

Hey laroche,
    Sorry you're having some network issues. You've got some options!

As for having to force-ask your router's DHCP server to issue you an IP (using the dhclient command), that sounds like a problem with your router. You could try:

• router firmware update if there is one
    • set a static dhcp reservation in the router per the MAC address (use ipconfig eth0 or ip a to view the MAC
    • router factory reset
    • see if reimaging pimp ssd does anything

To troubleshoot a pool connection problem simply try another pool. Perhaps they are blocking you. That's the easiest way to tell. Use one of the other defaults in the pcfg.

Also, maybe they've changed a setting or port. Check their getting started page to see if there's another port or address you could try. Maybe their eu or asia address.

Let us know how you make out.

• Wow that was fast !! Thanks, I'll give you some feedback .

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2012-2019 Portable Instant Mining Platform LLC. All rights Reserved.