Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum

Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...

Note: To change your forum username: login, click your avatar icon (top right?), Edit Profile. Change the "full name" field to your preferred username.

Quick Links

Error on boot "cannot mount /boot"

• I cannot get past the error "Failed to mount /boot" Failed Dependency. Has anyone seen this error?

Also earlier in the boot sequence modules failed to load.

• Staff

Watch the video, and read up on making the image. Then download the image again, check the hash of the downloaded image with whats expected to make sure your download is clean. Then remake the drive image, following the best instructions for your operating system.

• The download is in zip format and should only upack if the zip''s CRC passes so I feel like I am getting a good D/L.

The system will build out and begins the boot process it just fails on some Modules and the mounting of the boot partition. I will try to mount the system offline and poke around a bit to see what I can find.

I fell like I am close though just one more revelation and I will be in business.

• Staff

If you have a USB to SATA adapter then try Win32Diskimager too :)

• Problem solved..... I had a second HDD conected with Arch Linux installed and for some reason it was looking at that separate drive partitions and getting flummoxed. I removed the secondary drive and boot went perfectly. I also re-imaged the SSD with Linux and DD as apposed to Windoze.

Thanks all!!!

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

© 2014-2021 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC