Welcome to the PiMP Mining Community Forum.
Coin/crypto news, miner.farm and getpimp.org announcements, guides, and tips.
- Check out the help videos in getting started and our coin strategy guides, and post if you need some help.
- Post your rig pics to the rig showcase so we can all check out your awesome builds!
- Don't forget to subscribe and please like/follow us on social media!
2018-12-26 Merry Christmas, and to all a higher ETH!
Welcome to the Notes for Clubhouse call: Dec-26-2018
To get to the Call..... Click "Mining Clubhouse!" voice channel in PiMP Discord!
Welcome/Intros (intro thread: https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/1465/please-introduce-yourself-here/ )
- Hope everyone had a great holiday season.
- Did you miss the Dec 2018 Newsletter? Get it from the https://getpimp.org/news/ page.
- Tax Season is coming. Be prepared.
- Looking for some quick tax (US) advice send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll run it by Brash our Crypto Tax Accountant
- Podcasts of these meetings are available. Check out https://getpimp.org/pimppodcast/
AMD Radeon 3000-series in 2019 (link below)
AMD Radeon 590 (known)
AMD Radeon Vega 2 (link below)
nVidia 1160 and a 2060? & nVidia 1150 and a 2050? (link below)
nVidia 2000-series... Anyone jump on these for mining yet?
nVidia CUDA 9 to CUDA 10 - not much improvement on most cards.
AMD may soon have drivers capable of not locking up the bus when a GPU fails/no more hard reboots.
Coin prices/Mining Profits/Difficulty
- ETH made a jump
- Upcoming Forks?
Zcoin (XZC) forked to MTP algo: Mining will be with wildrig-multi-mtp, ccminer-djm34, and cryptodredge. Most likely cryptodredge will be seamless update, and wait for a real amd miner to pass QA for pimp update.
-- Large network spikes?... ASIC introductions?
- Most requests are centered upon PiMP OS Key resets. (see Miner.Farm 3 section below)
- Everything else working great!
- Email Alerts are active. Know when a rig, miner, or device is having a problem. Notifications sent directly to your email.
- Squashing bugs faster than they can be found!
- Optimizing is on going.
- PiMP OS Key resets are no longer automatic (done every hour)... now, users can clear their own PiMP OS Keys from within MINER.FARM.
- Currently working on minor back-end cleanup.
- New features are in the plans.
- MINER.FARM will have a published Change Log
PiMP OS updates
pimpup (next expected release 2018-12-28)
- Gminer, Bminer, Cryptodredge, and .... Claymore Dual! [All are being tested and will be released as soon as possible via pimpup]
- XMRig is also on the tracker!
If anyone comes across a algo, coin, or miner that PiMP OS doesn't support (yet), let us know and we'll look into adding it to PiMP (if possible)
PiMP OS v2.9
- The stepping stone to PiMP OS v3.0!
- Currently in Alpha and being tested by the PiMP OS Dev Team
- Will have newest video drivers.
- Audio will be restored to PiMP OS - makes watching the PiMP How-to videos easier.
- Could bring back support for older GPU's... pending testing.
PiMP 0S v3.0
- Fully automated
- helpme3, pimpup3, gputool3 - Under development - possible "teasers" to come!
- Anyone attending crypto meetups/conventions?
Missed the call? Listen to the podcast at https://getpimp.org/pimppodcast/
We are also on iTunes / Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, RSS Feed, and Blubrry Podcasts!
Thank you for your support!
We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.
Copyright (c) 2012-2019 Portable Instant Mining Platform LLC. All rights Reserved.