Welcome to the PiMP OS and Miner.farm forum.

2018-12-12 GPU mining strategies: RX580s for dirt cheap - which ones to buy? MF3 launch, pimpups a flying!

• Staff

Welcome to the Notes for Clubhouse call: Dec-12-2018

To get to the Call..... Click "Mining Clubhouse!" voice channel in PiMP Discord!

Welcome/Intros (intro thread: https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/1465/please-introduce-yourself-here/ )

Attendance:

Cooper
    cutty971
    DocDrydenn
    Eketubol
    g33kster
    Lily
    Louis
    melt
    RoyKiii
    Zamasu

Agenda:

Hardware corner

Folks who unfortunately got in over their head, are selling their hardware for cheap. Now is a great time to buy.
    Take a pick: XFX RX 580 GTX or MSI Armor MK2 RX 580? Many folks are in love with the MSI Armor.
    You get what you pay for and be mindful of resale value.
    Mfg counts - RMA Experiences - please post here https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/3002/discussion-what-kind-of-rma-return-experiences-have-you-had-with-various-manufacturers/4
    Re msi or xfx, and make sure you go for the one that also has a back plate, otherwise cards without back plate get much hotter and of that reduce shelf life of card

Louis says: Also correct me if I’m wrong but apart from EVGA, most manufacturer card warranty’s cannot be transferred to a second owner. Hence why I personally would buy new from Amazon where if the card fails you can return for a full refund. On that note I bought 3x Gigabyte GTX 1070 for £353 per card and after mining for a year all three cards one ofnfans stopped and I was able to return for full refund plus the mining profit for a whole year 😃 , so warranty is definitely something to consider too

1070 = 135 watts. On rx570 = 65 watts On eth both with same hashrate,... Works for ETH.
    for RX570, You should use one click then gputool-config.json clock for me is 1040 memory 1975, I don’t touch the power limit

Coin prices

BTC is reserve cryptocurrency
    What to do with the coins? Some you trade, some you hold, some you pay the bills

Mining profits / difficulty

• 1050Ti mining ZEC - keeping garage warm, paying entire house electric bill by cashing out some coin each month.

What are various coins and variations of algorithms?

Why do some people dislike ASICs or go for "ASIC Resistance"?

CPU -> GPU -> FPGA/ASIC

Miner.Farm 3

Just sorting out some very minor bugs.
    Everyone loves it!!!

PiMP OS updates

pimpup 20181214

• new/updated miners
    • smoother graphs
    • helpme reports
      Expect pimpups just about every other week. Miner Dev's are pumping out updates constantly!

PiMP Dev Team is working on:

• PiMP OS v2.9
    • Updating PiMP Tools

Waiting for the Sun -

• Lets find some good solar ideas and info
    • mtayyab has a pretty nice pimp solar farm

Links

Q&A

Wrap Up

Missed the call? Listen to the podcast at https://soundcloud.com/getpimp/tracks
    Thank you for your support!

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2012-2019 Portable Instant Mining Platform LLC. All rights Reserved.