Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum
Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...
- Configuring the rig: Help / Getting started videos
- How to fix problems: Coin strategy guides
- Keys and Downloads: your Miner.farm account page
- Post your rig pics to the rig showcase so we can all check out your awesome builds!
- Please subscribe/like/follow us on social media
2018-10-31 Happy Halloween - Vega/2080 talk, BTC 10th Birthday Today, strengths and weaknesses of competitors, and pimp 2.9 roadmap!
Welcome to the Notes for Clubhouse call: Oct-31-2018
To get to the Call..... Click "Mining Clubhouse!" voice channel in PiMP Discord!
Welcome/Intros (intro thread: https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/1465/please-introduce-yourself-here/ )
Eketubol - Blockify.xyz
Bitcoin birthday - 10 years today!
NIST making coins better for use as currency
IBM Blockchain announced - big stuff! From the makers of SNA and TCP/IP Ethernet! (link)
Within 6 weeks IBM will try to buy PIMP? Never know!
Ripple is a closed greed solution which does not help people
this month oct 2018 was the slowest trading volume of the year (link)
HiveOS strengths and weaknesses
- when they revamped the website it's been nonstop issues
- they dont have the stability or the miner support that pimp has
- pimp provides much better hands-on access and control over the rig
- it looks polished - and mf3 will too
- referrals - they really beat the drum to recommend it to their friends
instilling confidence in prospective miners / possible pimp customers
- we would like to offer a time limited demo of a farm access
- free version of the minerfarm still exists
- we never dipped below break even as a miner
- coinbase keeps growing
- LTC the silver to BTC's gold - till Ether upset that balance
- ICO concept hurt the altcoin industry a lot due to the evils and scamming - causing hyperregulation and deep views
- Various countries "looking into" regulating crypto - and the ICO vs the coin - gov's are looking at the right things
PiMP 2.9 /3.0 progress
big "Drivetrain" changes: amdgpu 16.40, cuda10+9.2, nvidia 410.73 (so far)
- these changes will all benefit and roll up into pimp 3.0
- pimp 3.0 application stuff is coming along nicely: apt updates for miners and pimp software - more control over miner updates - rig backup/restore -simple configuration - all commands in "console ui" AND "command line scriptable version"
- re: support, will this system allow 1.x and 2.x users to pimpup? - platform changes will require reimage
- pimpup3 will give more control over miner versions - allow users to not update
- miner developers require certain things
- flash drives - pimp will run on it, but we do not support it because we do not want you to have a bad experience, since they are not reliable and there is too much to do - but we are looking at making a usb "installer" that you can use to install pimp onto a rig, instead of reimaging and touching the hardware
- OTA updates of kernel/drivers still are not very practical.
- helpme2 is still the best troubleshooting tools out there - but helpme3 will be even better - rigs can self-troubleshoot
- gethelp from ethos is just an irc tool for them to give support - it does not help the user - netstat helps show unwanted listeners or visitors
- coming to the pimp lab this week - should ensure support soon - nice for the cryptonights
- we were waiting for amd to get the drivers right - as always
- and then the miner devs to figure it out
- and for dc support - rocm not adequate - and gcc7 neede
NVIDIA 2070/2080 info
- 20x0 nvidia support coming too - miner devs still working on optimizations - this is not just a new version of a 10x0 card
- cuda10 needed for the 2080 (most of them need 8+6pin or 8+8pin) and plimit is restricting the cards - so far tensor cores cannot be used for mining app, but this may lead to significant improvements.
- We already have some Doc limited testing results on 2080Ti - needed nvidia 415 - miners mined
miner.farm 3.0 progress
- Supports OS/2 Warp! It's browser based. :)
- pretty buttons and interactive control of the whole farm
- we just finished all the brand new subscription interfaces and custom shopping cart system
- a day of stats work, and then moving to new graphs
- beta in next week or so - then releasing to beta
special guest: dbct!
- welcome back to dbct - we are glad to have you in the call
- dbct helped launch the helpme, the forum, and the clubhouse and the testing and beta teams
- dbct is very well liked and a has been a very important part of the team
- the miners still have a say in the development - this is unique especially in the crypto
- lily is still a superstar
- dbct got called as a career man and with night school on top of being a family man - and got pulled away from us
2080Ti mining early reports - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5042514.0
infant mortality of card design - https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3065361/nvidias-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-cards-are-reportedly-failing-in-high-numbers
- FPGA integration - well, we need some for the lab - and how do they appear to the OS?
- Hive is basically a rip of pimp's ideas
We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.
© 2014-2020 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC