Welcome to the PiMP Mining Community Forum.
Coin/crypto news, miner.farm and getpimp.org announcements, guides, and tips.
- Check out the help videos in getting started and our coin strategy guides, and post if you need some help.
- Post your rig pics to the rig showcase so we can all check out your awesome builds!
- Don't forget to subscribe and please like/follow us on social media!
2018-10-24 MF3 almost there, linux 4.19 for pimp 2.9, pimpup3 plan
Welcome to the Notes for Clubhouse call: Oct-24-2018
To get to the Call..... Click CLUBHOUSE CALLS voice channel in PiMP Discord!
Last meeting's notes: https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/5105/2018-10-17-subscription-progress-2-8-6-release
Welcome/Intros (intro thread: https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/1465/please-introduce-yourself-here/ )
Helpful information for the miners:
- Oct News will be released in the next few days - subscribe at http://getpimp.org/news/
- Strategy guides are popping up in the forum
Bitcoin seems to be stabilizing yet still growing.
- Market is still "manipulatable"
Bitcoin is the Reserve Currency
- Almost all Alt-coins follow Bitcoin's movements.
Cryptocurrency acceptance is following the path that credit cards and debit cards have already gone.
- People doubt/don't trust it right now - same thing happend to credit/debit.
- Cryptocurrency's day is coming. It's only a matter of time.
- Gaining ground in the world financial systems.
Lily has been working hard!
Working out the payment systems.
- New users/new PiMP OS v3.x purchase must use PayPal.
- Coin payments are acceptable, but only for adding to an account that already exists.
Working on expired account processes.
- Expired accounts will zero out the number of "max rigs".
- Farm reverts to the Free version of miner.farm
miner.farm3 open to beta shortly after graphing is complete. ETA Next week!!
PiMP OS updates
v2.9 PiMP OS
- AnjinMeili kicking butt on this!
- Newest kernel
- Newest CUDA 10
- Newest AMD video drivers + AMD Vega support.
- Newest nVidia video drivers + 2000-series support
- Brings back support for the older AMD GPU's
- Melt's woking hard.
- Completed via a simple apt update && apt upgrade
- User controls over each installed miner
- New user interface (w/ CLI like normal)
- Working on rig backup/restore functions.
-- SCP, SMB, Local Storage (thumb drive?)
- helpme3 is also in work.
What's everyone mining?
- Still pushing LOKI
- RVN still up to
Thoughts about quantum computing on cryptomining?
- Currently not a problem... at least not until they can solve the power and cooling requirements.
We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.
Copyright (c) 2012-2019 Portable Instant Mining Platform LLC. All rights Reserved.