Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum
Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...
- Configuring the rig: Help / Getting started videos
- How to fix problems: Troubleshooting guides
- How to mine different algos / setup wallets: Strategy guides
- Keys and Downloads: your Miner.farm account page
- Post your rig pics to the rig showcase so we can all check out your awesome builds!
- Please subscribe/like/follow us on social media
Mining Monero 3201 vs 3251
tnewbold1 last edited by
Can anyone offer insight into the difference between mining XMR with the 2 options available after the latest fork?:
3201 (cpu/amd/nvid) xmr-aeonstak indeedminers:
3251 (cpu/amd/nvid) xmr-stak fireiceuk:
Hello, good question. They are mostly forks of the same base code. One or the other offers a few other/different algorithms/coins to mine, so we included both, to cover all possible coins that miners want to mine. We have not found much difference between the two performance-wise.
Also note, Doc did a shootout between xmr-stak and cryptodredge (an nvidia-only cryptonight/cryptonight variant miner) which found a slight benefit to using cryptodredge for nvidia users. We recommend this miner for stability and performance reasons if you are mining with nvidia only.
Please update us on your findings!
We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.
© 2014-2020 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC