<- Return to getpimp.org

What is a Sick or Dead gpu? & how to fix

• 0_1513272257608_c402e46f-bc12-405d-800d-736b00bc8de2-image.png
    What is a sick or dead GPU and how do I fix this? I have restarted the rig and the same gpu keeps getting sick or dead.

• Staff

GPUs get sick and die when they are being pushed beyond their capacity, or the hardware is failing.
    From your screenshot your GPUs are not mining effectively; the hashrate is very high, but you are getting a lot of hardware errors (HW on the graph) and your cards are dying. Please try adjusting your Core and Memory clock values downward.
    Ideally what you want to see is a large Accept rate, this matters more than hashrate.

• Hi lily thanks for the response, is there a command to see errors in HW hardware errors other than helpme? it seems all the gpu's on this rig had HW, even with original bios.rom and gpu settings.

• Staff

Hardware errors are listed on the miner details page, the one you have in your screenshot: Once in the graph, and again in each miners data (the HW column).

• For me, the dead GPU issue was caused by poor GPU spacing. Nothing indicated overheating but I separated my GPU's to give them twice as much space and haven't had the problem again. When I did this, my hash rate also jumped up so I apparently wasn't given them enough breathing room.

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2017 PiMP LLC. All rights Reserved.

Looks like your connection to PiMP Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.