2018-10-10 Subscriptions, Pimp 2.8 roadmap, First thoughts RX670/680
Welcome to the Notes for Clubhouse call: Oct-10-2018
To get to the Call..... Click CLUBHOUSE CALLS voice channel in PiMP Discord!
Last meeting's notes: https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/4880/2018-10-03-wallet-security-and-backups
Welcome/Intros (intro thread: https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/1465/please-introduce-yourself-here/ )
Discord is chopping out or having an issue today :(
We will do our best to transcribe the information to the notes above
Minerfarm 3 / PiMP OS 3 Subscription payments
- On screen calculation - Pick a key, and add time and/or rigs dynamically how you like!
- No more paypal subscriptions!
- Dynamic PDF invoices
here are some screen shots of the new subscription payment calculator for OS subscriptions
- we will get the same sort of calculator going for miner.farm subs as well: note that it does prorate for partial month
- Then it will take the cart and send it to the payment processor - coinbase or paypal - as a one time payment - instead of a "recurring subscription" - this way you can easily control from miner.farm adding rigs and/or time to your sub!
- we wont be doing paypal subscriptions going forward, but we will allow you to pay for an arbitrary length of time
- Just pick how many rigs you want
- every miner.farm account will have an OS v3 key already attached to it (starting with 0 rigs - just add rigs/months)
is there a transition path from license holders to subscriptions?
- 2.x keys will still be good for some time. 3.x keys will require starting a new subscription
- Louis asks for more verbosity on the payment processor page: re "CoinPayments" could their be a ( ) next to it to indicate it's (Crypto payment, btc, eth, zec, etc)
Q: So as a 2.X license holder, I will also need to re-license or subscribe?
A: you will need to start a subscription for 3.x when you upgrade to it
Q: So it's subscription only starting with PiMP OS 3.x?
Miner.farm 3.0 will replace minerfarm 2.0 and be the same pricing
PiMP 2.x will continue to be available for $35/rig for some time - but PiMP 3.0 will only be available with a new sub
EXISTING PURCHASES WILL STILL BE USABLE DAY ONE AND TRANSFER IN TO MINERFARM 3 AND BE BETTER THAN THE PRODUCT YOU ORIGINALLY PAID FOR!
This is currently well liked by SMOS and Hive customers and one of our most requested features.
Remember we are working hard on 2.x still! 2.8.x is coming to production soon.
- This is why we are working hard to build our automation backend so we can support legacy for longer.
As long as we can possibly support it - and at least a year so you can get your $35 worth
we have been talking a long time about changing the OS name - looking for the right one
Try to minimize impact of switch - and move along with our product - more universal - and stay in the "coin theme"
- Some people do not like negative connotations with pimp name. Or dismiss us as less than the experienced professionals that started this business.
we want to keep our brand as much as possible, but we want to better reflect our product
Premiere Universal Mining Platform
PUMP OS? Premium Universal Mining Platform (or premiere)
PiMP 2.8.4 / 2.8.5 / 2.8.6 / 2.9
2.8.4 -> 2.8.5: Attempt to roll up bugs
2.8.5 Most likely fixed the 6+ AMD GUI issue! Emmanuel has 8 580s! Doc?
2.8.5 -> 2.8.6: Will finish bug roll up, fix crontab/permissions/netplan
- Expected this coming weekend.
- If this one is silky smooth, will become production release.
2.9: Expected by end of year - hoping for next month or so
- Sometimes the drivers slide right in - most of the time they dont
- Most of the time amd and new kernel are the tricky part.
- New amd/nvidia drivers + cuda10 coming
- Possible 4.19 kernel - depending on the driver compatibility
- May finally support Vega if the AMD drivers can get there
GTX 2080Ti / 2080
- Expected for 2.9 - needs new drivers to work (Tested working with Doc's v416 hack-job)
- At that time, the miner devs will have updated miner releases supporting cuda 10 and the new drivers - and the time to optimize them - right now - hash/watt not better than 1070/1080.
AMD RX 670 / RX 680
- 12nm die generation - wheras the 4xx/5xx were the 14nm dies
We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.
Copyright (c) 2017 PiMP LLC. All rights Reserved.