Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum
Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...
- Configuring the rig: Help / Getting started videos
- How to fix problems: Troubleshooting guides
- How to mine different algos / setup wallets: Strategy guides
- Keys and Downloads: your Miner.farm account page
- Post your rig pics to the rig showcase so we can all check out your awesome builds!
- Please subscribe/like/follow us on social media
2018-10-03 Wallet security and backups
Welcome to the Notes for Clubhouse call: Oct-3-2018
To get to the Call..... Click CLUBHOUSE CALLS voice channel in PiMP Discord!
Welcome/Intros (intro thread: https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/1465/please-introduce-yourself-here/ )
- Strategy Guides to assist with gaining partners (Coin Devs / Miner Devs / etc...)
- PiMP working with blokspace.io pool. http://loki.blokspace.io/
-- LOKI pool is up and running now. Couple of us PiMP's are already on.
-- RVN pool has been requested.
- UEFI is no longer required.
- Pretty much ready... just holding out for a few miner dev fixes.
- Expected release to Beta Team is sometime next week.
- lolminer is working with PiMP Dev Team for some fixes.
- cryptodredge v0.9.2 in the works / beta testing
- xmr-stak known issue on 2.8.x. Fixed in 2.8.4b. (microhttpd 10 lib needs to go in /usr/local/lib)
- Working out some Alpha bugs (not Melt bugs LOL)
- Working on the subscription interface
- Mail Service & Graphing is up next.
- Followed with beta testing.
- Doc hitting up the PiMP social media sites
- Posting updates to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, bitcointalk.org.
- Everyone hates the stand-alone desktop wallet apps, but sometimes we still have to use them.
- syncing daemon can be troublesome and time consuming. ... and hard drive eating. (i.e. LOKI wallet storage is over 50GB)
- Best practice: Do not get lazy - Move funds from web/exchange wallets to safe, private, protected wallets.
- Do not keep money in exchanges - especially Cryptopia - MANY scams / hacks are being done at the exchange points.
Hardware wallets (cold storage) are good options
- Use them as your "bank"... Hardware wallet = savings account. Online/mobile wallets = checking account - Majority of your coin in the "savings account", small amount of coins in the "checking account".
- Lily like the Trezor
- Doc likes the Ledger Nano S
- Web-wallets can be hacked - 2FA is key, email notifications are key, but is not the end-all
- Melt likes the exodus.io desktop multi-wallet http://exodus.io
- Doc likes the coinomi mobile multi-wallet (Desktop app soon) https://www.coinomi.com/
- (In both multi-wallets above, user maintains the pass-phrases)
- Paper instructions with wallet addresses/passwords/keys/pass-phrases/etc... kept safe so that family knows what to do in case something was to happen to you.
We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.
© 2014-2020 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC