Welcome to the PiMP Mining Community Forum.
Coin/crypto news, miner.farm and getpimp.org announcements, guides, and tips.
- Check out the help videos in getting started and our coin strategy guides, and post if you need some help.
- Post your rig pics to the rig showcase so we can all check out your awesome builds!
- Don't forget to subscribe and please like/follow us on social media!
2018-10-03 Wallet security and backups
Welcome to the Notes for Clubhouse call: Oct-3-2018
To get to the Call..... Click CLUBHOUSE CALLS voice channel in PiMP Discord!
Welcome/Intros (intro thread: https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/1465/please-introduce-yourself-here/ )
- Strategy Guides to assist with gaining partners (Coin Devs / Miner Devs / etc...)
- PiMP working with blokspace.io pool. http://loki.blokspace.io/
-- LOKI pool is up and running now. Couple of us PiMP's are already on.
-- RVN pool has been requested.
- UEFI is no longer required.
- Pretty much ready... just holding out for a few miner dev fixes.
- Expected release to Beta Team is sometime next week.
- lolminer is working with PiMP Dev Team for some fixes.
- cryptodredge v0.9.2 in the works / beta testing
- xmr-stak known issue on 2.8.x. Fixed in 2.8.4b. (microhttpd 10 lib needs to go in /usr/local/lib)
- Working out some Alpha bugs (not Melt bugs LOL)
- Working on the subscription interface
- Mail Service & Graphing is up next.
- Followed with beta testing.
- Doc hitting up the PiMP social media sites
- Posting updates to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, bitcointalk.org.
- Everyone hates the stand-alone desktop wallet apps, but sometimes we still have to use them.
- syncing daemon can be troublesome and time consuming. ... and hard drive eating. (i.e. LOKI wallet storage is over 50GB)
- Best practice: Do not get lazy - Move funds from web/exchange wallets to safe, private, protected wallets.
- Do not keep money in exchanges - especially Cryptopia - MANY scams / hacks are being done at the exchange points.
Hardware wallets (cold storage) are good options
- Use them as your "bank"... Hardware wallet = savings account. Online/mobile wallets = checking account - Majority of your coin in the "savings account", small amount of coins in the "checking account".
- Lily like the Trezor
- Doc likes the Ledger Nano S
- Web-wallets can be hacked - 2FA is key, email notifications are key, but is not the end-all
- Melt likes the exodus.io desktop multi-wallet http://exodus.io
- Doc likes the coinomi mobile multi-wallet (Desktop app soon) https://www.coinomi.com/
- (In both multi-wallets above, user maintains the pass-phrases)
- Paper instructions with wallet addresses/passwords/keys/pass-phrases/etc... kept safe so that family knows what to do in case something was to happen to you.
We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.
Copyright (c) 2012-2019 Portable Instant Mining Platform LLC. All rights Reserved.