<- Return to getpimp.org

The Ikea Table => Wooden Cube Rig

• Hello pimpers,

I finished finally finished my rig and i decided to share with you the result.

I used a low cost Ikea table i found on the street and added a wooden base, "doors" and fans for a proper airflow.

My rig is in the living room, and as i will soon have a little one in the house i dont want him to put his fingers in the wrong place.

So i customized the ikea table to get a cubic rig with good airflow and more security when a child is around.

Here is the result.
    The rig is 5 * GTX 1060 and 1 * 1050TI.

alt text
    alt text
    alt text

Maybe someone else will be inspired :)

Have a fun mining!

• Staff

Hey sup3rchin0is This is great work, what mobo did you use for those? Looks like it is a nice warm foot rest that also saves for the little one's new college fund :) Thanks for the pics!

• Staff

More duct tape man!!! I love the look of the air distribution engineering. You put 10 pounds of electronics, into a 5 pound box... then use carefully positioned air inlets for creating the turbulent exhaust flow that will keep the rig cool...

Trying not to say dat be some ghetto rigging bro :) Might want to keep a good look at the temp over time charts for all the temp sensors your rig might have. Nice build though, inventive and redneck with a swedish flair.

• @melt Hello Melt, Thanks for the message. I used the asrock with 6 pci-e slots. H1 something wich costs arround 80€. I cant remember the name exactly lol.

• @anjin Hello Anjin,

Thanks for the message.
    After 2 weeks with the rig running nearly 24/7, i never got more than 78° and that is if the fans are not running.
    With fans ON its between 66 to 76°, depending where the cards are with Equihash.
    With Cryptonight the temps never get past 67°.

The fact that its winter in my country, is cool because i can warm up the living room & mine coins at the same time.

Btw i like the redneck style ahaha.

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2017 PiMP LLC. All rights Reserved.

Looks like your connection to PiMP Support Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.