MSI Z270-A Motherboard setup

• Staff

MSI Z270-A Pro running the newest BIOS? The Asus B250 Mining Expert had sort of the same problem... 2.6 won't run on it unless it was updated to at least v1010.
    Looking around online, I've found other's who have posted the same thing for this board. Also, most are claiming that in order to get 6 GPU's to run, along with the updated motherboard BIOS, they have to have the PCIe set to Gen2 and enabled Above 4G Decoding.
    Many are also suggesting that the PCIe Latency timeer needs to be set to 96 for 6 GPU's. Also, that the Windows 7 and Windows 10 support needs to be disabled.

• For PiMP 2.6 to work as hoped for on this motherboard - MSI Z270-A Pro BIOS needs to be upgraded to "Z270-A PRO (MS-7A71) V1.5 BIOS Release".

I was using V1.3 and only 5 GPU's would work and not well - intermittent at best. I went in circles for days trying everything. I even moved back to old AMD drivers without any luck.

Upgrading the BIOS to V1.5 changed everything - It worked immediately.
    https://ca.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z270-A-PRO

Now, I have PiMP 2.6 and it is working wonderfully with more than 5 GPU's.

• I have the same motherboard and haven’t had any issues yet with 2.6. I’ll have to update with my motherboard setting next time I peak at the rig but it recognized all 6 cards right away.

• Staff

@btbam006 said in MSI Z270-A Motherboard setup:

I have the same motherboard and haven’t had any issues yet with 2.6. I’ll have to update with my motherboard setting next time I peak at the rig but it recognized all 6 cards right away.

Thanks for the confirmation, btbam006, dont forget to post some photos of your rig on the Rig Showcase! https://forum.getpimp.org/category/12/rig-showcase

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2012-2018 PiMP LLC. All rights Reserved.

Looks like your connection to PiMP Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.