Welcome to the PiMP OS and Miner.farm forum.

amd Rig is crashing after running claymore dual for a long time

• @docdrydenn
    Okay, I will. Ill report back tomorrow. I have to go to work. One thing im noticing is that my cards are still hashing. Im still reporting shares. Ethermine says im still mining. After enough time I cant connect to my miner through Putty

• @docdrydenn
    This command does nothing for me.

• Support

It should give you a URL like this:

0_1528847934300_showme.PNG

• @docdrydenn
    [/root]:# showme /var/log/claymore-dual.log
    [Agent: D81000 (Running) Total HR: [0.00Kh/s] Miners running [0] GPUs [none active]]

this is all i get

• Support

Have you run the miner since we added the logging flag to the config? The log might not exist yet.

run find / -name claymore-dual.log

If it is found, it should output the full path to the file.
    If it is not found, it will just dump you back to the command line.

• @docdrydenn I have ran the miner since. That’s the weird thing. It says no miner is running at all or if I start it myself before it auto starts it eventually disconnects but continues to mine. It mined for 12 hours stable last night before finally dropping off. I can’t get it to mine stable with 9 cards ... it’s hashrate is much lower than the reported hashrate and drops off in a matter of minutes. I’m looking into the other thread about networking issues with the asrock pro btc+ ... pimp os just isn’t showing this rig mining when it is. I just don’t understand it. This thing ran solid for 2 months. I thought I escaped all my hassles from windows 😭

• Support

Sorry, you're having these problems.

You're mining ETH, right? Have you tried one of the other ETH miners? At least to test to see if you get the same failures.

• @docdrydenn
    Yeah I have. No luck there.
    I’m going to update my bios on the board and report back

• Support

At this point, I am recommending you reflash PiMP and start over with a clean slate.

It's fun chasing down problems, but at a certain point it just becomes a downed rig... and a downed rig doesn't mine.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

• @docdrydenn
    Yes, thats exactly what I plan on doing. Im going to do a fresh install of an updated PiMP OS and flash my bios and go from there. It will be a few days as I work. But i will deffinitely keep you updated. Thanks for all your help. Very much appreciated

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2012-2018 PiMP LLC. All rights Reserved.