Agent service is not running.

• Support

Hello Monk,
    Can you try running ‘pimpup —force’ to see if this resolves the problem, if not then afraid you will need to reimage.

Best Louis

• Starting service...Job for minerfarm.service failed because a fatal signal was delivered causing the control process to dump core. See "systemctl status minerfarm.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

So I guess I have to reimage? Do you know what caused this so I can avoid it?

• Support

@monk

Hello Monk,

Off the top of my head no, as it could be anything - I know it’s not helpful re how to avoid in future, but reimage should hopefully do the trick.

Best Louis

• Staff

Seg fault usually means disk corruption, provide helpme and look in the "smartctl" section for errors or reallocated,
    and/or try a pimpup --force

If that fails, reimage.

• what if we don't have a seg fault and still can't do a pimpup, minerfarm, or pimp --list (or anything) for that matter?

We noticed that we had no disk space available and assumed that may be it so we removed log file and got down to 50% available. No luck.

When we run the pimp or minerfarm commands we get the "agent service not started". When we do a pimpup we are getting - "Unable to start key validation service". We can issue the pimpkey command and see that the key is validated. We also did a "helpme" and it produced this URL:

https://helpme.getpimp.org/-1533425887.html

which gives a 404 error.

Is there anything else we can try before re-imaging?

• Team,

We have a rig that will not come up. I keyed off of the "Agent Service Not Starting" and saw another thread. Our situation does not generate a seg fault. We can't do a pimpup, minerfarm, or pimp --list (or anything) for that matter?

We noticed that we had no disk space available and assumed that may be it so we removed log file and got down to 50% available. No luck.

When we run the pimp or minerfarm commands we get the "agent service not started". When we do a pimpup we are getting - "Unable to start key validation service". We can issue the pimpkey command and see that the key is validated. We also did a "helpme" and it produced this URL:

https://helpme.getpimp.org/-1533425887.html

which gives a 404 error.

Is there anything else we can try before re-imaging?

• Staff

Hello, looks like a reimage in order here. Also, just add to the existing topic if it's the same issue. I
    will merge them together.
    Thanks.

• @melt thank you. I actually read this thread first and did add it, but when it was marked solved I questioned myself. Thank you for doing that and re-image it will be.

• Staff

Thanks trmead. In the future we hope to minimize re-image needs. We don't like reimaging either! :)

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2017 PiMP LLC. All rights Reserved.

Looks like your connection to PiMP Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.