<- Return to getpimp.org

A few questions

• Hey

I'm loving this OS but I have some questions which I can't find anywhere (this distro is in urgent need of a wiki for people like me).

My questions are about minerfarm command and creating profiles there.

1. I have some custom pools for which I have created a separate folder and config files. When I have added those files the software asked me if it should add them as a profile or something similar. I have answered yes and now I have extra profiles linking miner apps and config files I have created. I would like to get rid of them but I can't find any commands to do so either under pimp options or under minerfarm.

2. When I have created the profiles each of those profiles started with an id. But when I have removed the first profile minerfarm didn't fill that one up but instead started counting to two. Since my OCD was killing me I have removed all the profiles and then it allowed me to star form 1 again. Is there a simpler option (just to know although I don't plan on removing everything in the near future)?

3. Each profile asks for a different port and screen only connects to the first instance (port 4028). How do I connect to other screens/ports once I run them as I couldn't find a way to do so?

Thanks for the help and cheers

Edit: Ok number 3 was easy. the command is pimp --test # and it connect to the screen on whichever port.

• Support

Hello. So here: https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/10/setting-up-miner-profiles
    And some other useful commands are here: https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/20/frequently-used-commands
    And each miner uses each port. Through the connection to these ports, the miner.farm service connects to your miners and displays information. A little more about using this wonderful tool you can read here: https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/64/large-farm-guide-how-to-manage-many-rigs-using-pimp-and-miner-farm

• I have read both posts and none of them answer my questions.

See the screenshot:

How do I remove a custom profile (marked in white)?

Also how do I set/reset a miner ID when I have some miners set as the software continues from the last ID? (Eg. create ID 1 and 2. Now remove ID 1. When you create a new ID it will be 3 not the missing 1).

Edit: Also gpuconf settings didn't stick after a reboot. Could it be just a one time thing? I have set the timeout of miners to 60 seconds for the settings to take effect just in case.

• Staff

Hi Blaz.plvk. Welcome to the forum and the world of cryptocurrency.

We use this forum like a wiki, to collect questions and hopefully get you answers. We also use Discord and IRC chat channels where a community is pretty much always around to help by answering questions directly. But we will take the thought of a wiki on advisement.

Do not worry your OCD about the indexing used for profiles. Notice how the managed profiles jump around based on the miner type?

• But how do I remove those extra profiles I have created (there are two in the screenshot)?

• Support

@blaz-pivk Thank you for your feature request. Now functionality allows only creating profiles. We will add it in a future pimpup.

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2017 PiMP LLC. All rights Reserved.

Looks like your connection to PiMP Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.