PiMP update for Monero Fork?

• My PiMP Monero miners have been offline since Friday when there was a Monero fork and I have not seen any statement from PiMP about an update to CCMiner. What gives?

• I'm gonna install xmr-stak as if ding it on Ubuntu and hope it works. I'll post back my results in about 12 hours when I get in to do it.

• Staff

xmr-stak works fine on pimpos, but is not integrated with PiMP tools or Miner.Farm. It works with CPU, NVIDIA, and AMD gpus just fine though. We have not integrated it as the API and status reporting is pretty unique. We find it gets great numbers on CPU and NVIDIA mining, but Claymore XMR does better with AMD. You should also spend sometime understanding the config file layouts and meanings. Tuning each config stanza for your hardware as appropriate.

Simply fetch the miner source with GIT, and follow the directions for building.

• Install with these instructions, skipping the CUDA install: https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/blob/master/doc/compile_Linux.md

After "make install" completes:
    CD ~/xmr-stak/build/bin
    ./xmr-stak
    Miner should start and let you create the parameters such as monero7, pool, wallet, etc.

I haven't messed with optimizing miner, but would love to figure out how to integrate minerfarm monitoring at least and start/stop function in minerfarm would be sweet.

• Staff

Here is our current integration status https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/156666868

• OK, I bought PiMP so I wouldn't have to tinker. That was the sales pitch. This feels like tinkering. I have a very basic knowledge of Linux, so this is not something I know how to do. I'm pretty disappointed that I bought 2 copies of this system just weeks before it became useless to me.

• @Lily are you saying that xmr-stak will shortly be available via pimpup or that users that choose to can use your example to get it running in minerfarm on their own?

@tnewbold1 I've seen the Pimp devs give good support as the industry changes. Usually they're fast to accommodate changes, especially considering the size of their team. This OS has constantly given better performance than other options. Any mining software requires some tinker to get optimal results. I'm sorry you're frustrated.

• I understand the basics enough to make changes to the configuration files and startup files, but downloading and compiling a new mining package is beyond me. If someone has a step-by-step procedure, I could probably do it...

• Staff

ccminer-cryptonight is available, use pimpup to install ccminer-cryptonight then use pimp --add 2121 to add the profile.

You must use del ccminer.xmr.pcfg or change ALGORITHM=cryptonight to ALGORITHM=monero

If you get rejects, then this is the fix.

20180415 [M] Added ccminer-cryptonight (nvidia 2121) for nvidia xmr v7 support (must install with pimpup!!)

Thank you for your patience, we wanted the ccminer devs to merge the update in the correct way to the main branch but they did not, so we provided this instead.

• Staff

0_1523818542469_nvidia-xmr-on-pimp-ccminer-cryptonight-pimpup.png

0_1523874976857_2nvidia-xmr-on-pimp-ccminer-cryptonight-pimpup.png

0_1523874985377_3nvidia-xmr-on-pimp-ccminer-cryptonight-pimpup.png

• Thank you !!!! I've got my miners up and running again.

• Staff

I bought PiMP so I wouldn't have to tinker. That was the sales pitch. This feels like tinkering. I have a very basic knowledge of Linux, so this is not something I know how to do.

We have done all we can to make Linux mining as simple as we can, but you will still need to tinker - this is the nature of mining. Trying to build a rig from scratch on Linux is significantly more work than adding a miner on PIMP.

@Lily are you saying that xmr-stak will shortly be available via pimpup

That is correct. We will be integrating this miner soon.

• Staff

@sir4taye said in PiMP update for Monero Fork?:

@Lily are you saying that xmr-stak will shortly be available via pimpup or that users that choose to can use your example to get it running in minerfarm on their own?

@tnewbold1 I've seen the Pimp devs give good support as the industry changes. Usually they're fast to accommodate changes, especially considering the size of their team. This OS has constantly given better performance than other options. Any mining software requires some tinker to get optimal results. I'm sorry you're frustrated.

Thank you sir4taye.

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2017 PiMP LLC. All rights Reserved.

Looks like your connection to PiMP Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.