Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum

Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...

Quick Links

Need tutorial on how to add new Algorithm

• Can we get some tutorial on how to add new algorithm to our miners(i.e. ccminer)? Been waiting for Xevan and now there is new x16r algorithm out that we PimpOS users can't use. It's very frustrating because we don't know when the new algorithm is coming to PimpUp, and the longer we wait, the more profit we would loose since some of use try to mine those new coins before the difficulty goes up.

Thanks!

• Staff

For ccminer, the process is very simple. You can get a pretty good tutorial here:

https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/10/setting-up-miner-profiles/2

First, make sure the current build supports the algorithm you want to use. As of today, the list for ccminer looks like this:

-a, --algo=ALGO       specify the hash algorithm to use
    			bastion     Hefty bastion
    			bitcore     Timetravel-10
    			blake       Blake 256 (SFR)
    			blake2s     Blake2-S 256 (NEVA)
    			blakecoin   Fast Blake 256 (8 rounds)
    			bmw         BMW 256
    			cryptolight AEON cryptonight (MEM/2)
    			cryptonight XMR cryptonight
    			c11/flax    X11 variant
    			decred      Decred Blake256
    			deep        Deepcoin
    			equihash    Zcash Equihash
    			dmd-gr      Diamond-Groestl
    			fresh       Freshcoin (shavite 80)
    			fugue256    Fuguecoin
    			groestl     Groestlcoin
    			hmq1725     Doubloons / Espers
    			jackpot     JHA v8
    			keccak      Deprecated Keccak-256
    			keccakc     Keccak-256 (CreativeCoin)
    			lbry        LBRY Credits (Sha/Ripemd)
    			luffa       Joincoin
    			lyra2       CryptoCoin
    			lyra2v2     VertCoin
    			lyra2z      ZeroCoin (3rd impl)
    			myr-gr      Myriad-Groestl
    			neoscrypt   FeatherCoin, Phoenix, UFO...
    			nist5       NIST5 (TalkCoin)
    			penta       Pentablake hash (5x Blake 512)
    			phi         BHCoin
    			polytimos   Politimos
    			quark       Quark
    			qubit       Qubit
    			sha256d     SHA256d (bitcoin)
    			sha256t     SHA256 x3
    			sia         SIA (Blake2B)
    			sib         Sibcoin (X11+Streebog)
    			scrypt      Scrypt
    			scrypt-jane Scrypt-jane Chacha
    			skein       Skein SHA2 (Skeincoin)
    			skein2      Double Skein (Woodcoin)
    			skunk       Skein Cube Fugue Streebog
    			s3          S3 (1Coin)
    			timetravel  Machinecoin permuted x8
    			tribus      Denarius
    			vanilla     Blake256-8 (VNL)
    			veltor      Thorsriddle streebog
    			whirlcoin   Old Whirlcoin (Whirlpool algo)
    			whirlpool   Whirlpool algo
    			x11evo      Permuted x11 (Revolver)
    			x11         X11 (DarkCoin)
    			x13         X13 (MaruCoin)
    			x14         X14
    			x15         X15
    			x16r        X16R (Raven)
    			x17         X17
    			wildkeccak  Boolberry
    			zr5         ZR5 (ZiftrCoin)

Next, create a user profile. Declare the algorithm as desired, setup the pool and wallet info, and fire it up in debug mode first to make sure its all working as expected.

• Thanks, but that's not what I'm asking for. I see that CCMiner 2.2.5 already support x16r, don't know when we will get 2.2.5 in PimpUp. However, there is a "ccminer-xevan" out there, how can we add it to our PimpOS?

• Staff

If you look above, you will note that the currently shipping version of ccminer supports x16r, and the version reports 2.2.5.

*** ccminer 2.2.5 for nVidia GPUs by tpruvot@github ***
        Built with the nVidia CUDA Toolkit 9.1 64-bits

So I am just a little confused by your request. Could you clarify? The version of ccminer currently shipped is 2.2.5 and supports x16r. When you do a pimpup and update ccminer, it will fetch the current mainline source code from GitHub, and compile it up on your rig.

======= Starting update for nvidia-ccminer
    -> Backing up existing /opt/miners/ccminer to /opt/miners/ccminer.03-12-1453
    Source type is: git
    -> Cloning -b linux https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer to /opt/miners/ccminer
    -> Updating submodules in /opt/miners/ccminer
    -> Executing autogen.sh
    -> Executing 'configure '
    -> Executing make... This is the actual compiling and it may take up to 30 minutes on some systems. Typical compile time for sgminer is about 5 minutes, ccminer about 15 minutes.

As for the ccminer-xevan, there are multiple forks of the ccminer code base where third parties have added in xevan. We do not normally support many of these forks. By adding in a new algorithm to an existing miner, many third parties will also subvert the dev fees. This is not a good practice and impacts the original developer teams.

Regardless, the PiMP environment allows for you to simply pull any fork you desire, and build it following the maintainers instructions. 99% of the time, most trees will build without any issues. Occasionally you will need to resolve some dependancies. Once you have build an unsupported fork of a supported miner, you can simply replace the binary. IE, put the new ccminer with xevan into the directory /opt/miners/ccminer as the file ccminer.

The best resource for doing this is simply the GitHub repository for the miner fork you are working with.

• Thanks! For some reason I thought the CCMiner we have in PimpOS at the moment is 2.2.4, could be because of the post here https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/10/setting-up-miner-profiles/2 stating 2018-1-25. I will run PimpUp on my system again later today and try out x16r.

• when we will get sgminer x16r for AMD GPU

• Staff

We dont write the miners, so we dont know when a particular miner will support any algo.
    If SGMiner currently does not support x16r on AMDs, it would be up to the authors of SGMiner to include it.

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

© 2014-2020 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC