Welcome to the PiMP OS and Miner.farm forum.

Config files gone!

• I saved my configuration in opt/confs/nvidia.ewbf.zcash.pcfg and opt/confs/nvidia.ccminer.xmr.pcfg. I have been mining using these config files the past few month. I just switch to mine Etherium (claymore.dual.pcfg). However, I want to go back and switch back to the different coin, and I just found out that the ewbf and ccminer config files I had is no longer there. I think it's cause by recent pimpup. Is there a backup some where that the pimpup process could move the config files to?

• Staff

PIMP puts the default config files in /opt/confs/defaults, then creates links to those files in /opt/confs.
    When you use the 'edit' command, it automatically removes the link and saves your changes to a file in /opt/confs (to restore the link to the default file, use the 'del' command).
    Pimpup will ensure the default files in /opt/confs/defaults are up to date when you update.

If you have used an alternate edit method and saved your changed file to the defaults/ folder pimpup will overwrite your changes!
    Please ensure your saved files are in /opt/confs and NOT the defaults/ subfolder.

The 'pimp --back' command will back up your edited files in /opt/confs to a subfolder in /opt/confs named for the date.

• Staff

To further explain how the conf files work we have made some new videos here as well: https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/10/setting-up-miner-profiles

• Staff

Also, if you look at pimpnews/changelog you will see we removed the nvidia. prefix from the files. they are still provided, and the profiles use the new files.

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2012-2019 Portable Instant Mining Platform LLC. All rights Reserved.