Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum
Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...
Note: To change your forum username: login, click your avatar icon (top right?), Edit Profile. Change the "full name" field to your preferred username.
- Configuring the rig: Help / Getting started videos
- How to fix problems: Troubleshooting guides
- How to mine different algos / setup wallets: Strategy guides
- Keys and Downloads: your Miner.farm account page
- Post your rig pics to the rig showcase so we can all check out your awesome builds!
- Please subscribe/like/follow us on social media
More Zcash, Optiminer, and PiMP Software updates via pimpup! by dbct Jan 7, 2017
So far everything has been running smooth – but they keep releasing updates to miners! Thankfully, you’ve got the PiMPUp Update Platform. This lets you get the latest miners sooner – and get a huge head start above the competiton.
Thanks to PiMPs coming for live chat support, we’ve pushed several great fixes for reliability with the miner.farm agent. We’ve got temperature, fan, and clock control for GPUs – and started on some of the framework for new features coming this year.
There’s also a major Optiminer Zcash update for stability – version 1.3.1, and you can auto-upgrade to it.
- First, be sure your miners are stopped with the pimp –stop command.
pimpup. It will guide you through PiMP updates, if there are any.
- Choose Optiminer from the menu. Should get a big green Success after that.
- Edit the optiminer pcfg to change your configuration. FLAGS= should NOT contain the –experimental-kernel flag, this was needed for 1.2, but will break v1.3.1 and newer. You should remove that if it is in there. This is near the bottom of the file.
There’s also been lots of bug fixing and improvements to miner.farm, so it is even easier to see your rigs at a glance. Visit the PiMP farm at https://miner.farm/farmer/PiMP/farmstatus for a look!
Now, for the numbers!
The new Optiminer on your PiMP OS is more stable and gives a nice bump in Zcash hashrate. In the picture below, 2 r360 cards went from 80 sol/s with Optiminer 1.2, to 100 sol/s in Optiminer 1.3.1.
Don’t worry PiMPs – we’ve got much more in store for you, and we’re just getting warmed up for 2017. It’s gonna’ be a great year for cryptocurrencies, and we’re glad to help bring mining to all!
we also have a great new landing page for the zcash miners
paunescu last edited by
how do i choose optiminer?
paunescu last edited by
there is no optiminer for nvidia yet, optiminer 2.0 works on nvidia :), i will wait until that comes out. thks.
blackice last edited by blackice
There is ewbf 0.3.4b for nvidia. the same, only more stable.
badboybill last edited by
Also comment here to tell Optiminer author to fix his mistakes in code:
We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.
© 2014-2021 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC