Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum
Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...
Note: To change your forum username: login, click your avatar icon (top right?), Edit Profile. Change the "full name" field to your preferred username.
- Configuring the rig: Help / Getting started videos
- How to fix problems: Troubleshooting guides
- How to mine different algos / setup wallets: Strategy guides
- Keys and Downloads: your Miner.farm account page
- Post your rig pics to the rig showcase so we can all check out your awesome builds!
- Please subscribe/like/follow us on social media
2-28-18 Clubhouse Call: Shitcoins, Bestcoins, and Ticketing Systems
em-ly last edited by
Intros (intro thread: https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/1465/please-introduce-yourself-here/ )
- Small fixes in the pipeline
- Solving how helpme gets agent name, fix coming!
pREDDY: we've been taking six card rigs and converting to 12 and utilizing the HD on one of those devices. MF will recognize, but the timeframe, looking at the miner window will go into the negatives and it will stop reporting hashrates, time frame is wack. Solution is to go into, delete the agent, reboot it again, and then things start running as normal.
Everything else is great!
- Claymore just released a new miner for neoscript
- When we switch over coins, we switch over the alerts. Is there a way to set up alerts per pool. [Lily is adding this to features coming up!]
Hold over solution: Two-step process: There's a way you can set up profiles, and switch it over there.
Ridiculous Currencies - https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/yw5axg/pepecash-millionaire-yacht-cryptocurrency-rare-pepes - https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/9kng57/dogecoin-my-joke-cryptocurrency-hit-2-billion-jackson-palmer-opinion
Shitcoin explosion: for better or worse?
- 2014 - Dogecoin launched. Some serious contenders, others not so much. Most of them don't exist anymore. The market was flooded that it dragged the solid coins down. It introduced new ways for people to do development, got people interested in mining.
- Regulation is a safety to the people involved. Washington State: do what you want with cryptocurrency, but the firms that are selling/buying have to prove that they can back the funds that they are transferring. Many won't even trade in WA state because of that rule. Assuring that the people involved can be trusted with other people's money.
- ICOs are stock offerings but with coin. So many fraudsters play that game, that's what drives regulations. Regulations are coming to stop people from continuing to commit fraud.
- Coinbase is the only one that has put up those bonds.
Shittiest coin you've mined?
Upgrade idea for MF: when switch to a different pool, have an alert set up for different profiles. when they switch coins they delete the miner profile, when they do that they have to set it
Beta Team Question:
Ticket system - if we want to develop a ticket tracking system for people with ongoing support issues
- Logistics around people who are working on each ticket, how ticket support is paid out
We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.
© 2014-2021 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC