Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum
Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...
Note: To change your forum username: login, click your avatar icon (top right?), Edit Profile. Change the "full name" field to your preferred username.
- Configuring the rig: Help / Getting started videos
- How to fix problems: Troubleshooting guides
- How to mine different algos / setup wallets: Strategy guides
- Keys and Downloads: your Miner.farm account page
- Post your rig pics to the rig showcase so we can all check out your awesome builds!
- Please subscribe/like/follow us on social media
pimp image wont fit on 16GB SSD
johndjmix last edited by
The pimp image is 16.01GB, the average 16GB SDD comes out to about 15.83 GB......
The partitions on the pimp image are only about 13.5GB, why is the image setup at 16.01? This makes it impossible to install without some wizardry (If you know how please let me know, i spent 5 hours last night trying to do the trick with "dd").....
There are some other bits in the image as well. And actually, the average SSD is 16GB. There are a couple cheap brands, kingdian as an example, that are not. The difference is what we used to call marketing GB vs real GB... centered around someone in engineering used 1000 instead of 1024.. shrug.. hard for us to control. An easy work around is just buy a bigger unit, price difference for 32GB is not much more. Or just use an old HDD already have laying around.
We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.
© 2014-2021 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC