Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum

Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...

Note: To change your forum username: login, click your avatar icon (top right?), Edit Profile. Change the "full name" field to your preferred username.

Quick Links

Issue Asrock H110 PRO and 6x GTX 1050Ti

• Hi miners, I'm really excited to join and contribute to this community, at last I did my rig, I did a simple test installing windows to check all the hardware was working as expected, then I decided to move to PiMP, my surprise is that same hardware configuration is giving me an error on the screen that says: invalid video mode specification 'text' and Grub is stuck, I'm using the latest version of Pimp and the Grub that comes by default is: 2.02beta2-36ubuntu3.15.

Any suggestions will be appreciated, at the beginning I thought that was my SSD and decided to changed it for an HDD and the same issue still persists.

Thanks,
    RC

• Staff

Make sure to setup motherboard like the motherboard setup guide, try Just one GPU in the x16 slot with the HDMI hooked to it, onboard graphics off, and see if it will boot that way. Then add the riser, and other GPUs / risers to build up the rig. Good luck!

• Thanks, actually today disconnect all the risers and connect just one to the x16 slot, but issue still persists, also turned off onboard graphics and I'm connecting directly to the video card, do you know if this issue could be solved installing the version pimp-2.3.31-nvidia.zip (Previous nvidia only release) instead the version pimp-2.4.2-all (Current/Recommended).

Thanks for any additional clue.

Regards,
    RC

• Staff

Yes, use 2.4.2-all. Take your time with the imaging, and follow all the steps from using 'sha1sum' to verify the image, and ejecting once done.

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

© 2014-2021 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC