Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum

Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...

Note: To change your forum username: login, click your avatar icon (top right?), Edit Profile. Change the "full name" field to your preferred username.

Quick Links

Error Booting up / locking up (How to ask for help)

• Hi

I appreciate any help provided, I am new here and new to this style of OS, so please reply like i am a dummy.

I followed the instructions was able to verify my key and then the system reboot happened.
    It came with telling my what I.P was but did not load into desktop from their.

I have the latest up to date bios for b250, Ethernet is connected and only.

I was going to try and SSH in, but I am not aware of what my stock login credentials are or where I would locate them for the machine?

So any suggestions on getting it to boot into the desktop and the ssh related question? I am going to try to re-install again.

I was getting to booting errors both related to being unable to render console map / or mapping?

• Staff

First of all, asking questions is a good way to prove you are not a dummy :) Reaching out to learn, is a sure sign of intelligence.

For the B250, you need to insure the onboard video is disabled. The first video card should also be an NVIDIA in mixed GPU rigs (meaning in the first 16x slot on the board).

For SSH, the default login is 'root' and the password is 'live'. You are welcome to change the password after first login.

As for boot errors, many things can be ignored. But to better understand, we need to see the errors, perhaps a screenshot?

Good Luck! Let us know if you can SSH in.

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

© 2014-2021 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC