Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum

Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...

Note: To change your forum username: login, click your avatar icon (top right?), Edit Profile. Change the "full name" field to your preferred username.

Quick Links

Problems with DAG

• Is it possible to set amount of virtual memory in PIMP, as far as I've started to have problems with dag settings on ETC especially

• Alsp cleanbins command not working under .sh, why?

• Staff

Could you please give examples of the configs you are having issues with? As well, examples of the command that is not working, with its output. A screenshot makes it much easier to give help. Thanks!

• sure, let's say It is custom sh, smthng like below, both not working
    #!/bin/bash
    clearbins
    /opt/pimp/clearbins
    sleep 5

• Also very strange thing, if I will start mine.sh from console works fine, BUT if I will run it from startup.sh (/root/mine/mine.sh) all 7950 3GB would have a DAG error
    and it doesnt matter if I run it with python wrapper or not ((((
    screen -dmS ethermine python3 /root/autominer/godeye.py /opt/miners/ethminer/ethminer --farm-recheck 200 --opencl-platform 1 -G -M -S pool:port -SP 2 -O Worker.Name:x --report-hashrate

• and somehow it's connected to export GPU..... etc if I add this to my custom sh, it wouldn't create any of DAG even for R9 290 (as far as remember it's export intead of setx for ubuntu)
    setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
    setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
    setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
    setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

• Staff

those are already set in your environment.

[/root]:# env | grep GPU
    GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
    GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
    GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=1
    GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100

And in your sample script, you say 'cleanbins' then in the script, you use 'clearbins'.

As for the startup.sh, try changing the wait time a bit. Make it wait just a bit longer so the cards have a chance to fully boot strap and get started. Use 'clinfo' to give you an idea how the AMD drivers see the card. And in the miner, run a device list to see what platforms are what, to insure the opencl-platform aligns with what the miner finds.

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

© 2014-2021 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC