EWBF vs DSTM vs Bminer Nvidia equihash miners compared

• Hey all,

While this was just a quick and dirty 24h test, I wanted to get the information out there for those that might be wondering.

Test rigs (x3):

Asrock B250 Gaming K4
    Celery G3930
    4gb DDR4
    120gb SSD
    6x Asus Dual GTX 1070

I mined zcash on flypool for 24h and did a side by side comparison. Here is the information for the current round they are hashing on.

Miner Current Speed (5 sec) Average Speed Valid Shares Invalid Shares

DSTM 2.7 kH/s 2.7 kH/s 100 (100%) 0 (0%)
    Bminer 3.0 kH/s 2.7 kH/s 111 (99%) 1 (1%)
    EWBF 2.9 kH/s 2.6 kH/s 109 (100%) 0 (0%)

The overall variance between valid share submissions over the entire period is around 3%

Rejected shares:

DSTM - 0.003%
    Bminer - 0.006%
    EWBF - 0.002%

Overall the miners are close to identical in speed. Bminer shows as slightly faster on the console then the other two but with a few more rejected shares it ends up at almost the exact same speed. Personally as I would have to update hundreds of rigs I just do not see the advantage of changing miners. EWBF has been rock solid since I have started using it. I have read that Bminer is not as stable but I have no personal experience with that, nor do I have any amount of useful experience with DSTM outside of this test.

As I said, this was just a quick and dirty overnight test but it shows that all of the miners are pretty similar and it seems more a matter of personal preference which one you should use.

• Support

Thanks Alien :)

• So just a short followup to this. I have been running bminer and DSTM since this test and the results have been consistent. The systems are always within a few share submissions of each other and while bminer still over reports on the console side, on the pool side the results are still nearly identical.

• Support

This post is deleted!

• Staff

Bminer and EWBF miner updates

Equihash Variants - they are marketing these as "ASIC-Resistant" but really - they are just equihash variations for profit. Some of them use Staking too, which complicates things. But here are the top miners for NVIDIA - Once we have an AMD 144_5 miner that meets our basic criteria for mining applications we will integrate it with PiMP. (In the meantime you may download and compile the miner of your choice as you wish - all the tools for building existing in PiMP - but you will not get stats working with miner.farm until the miner is API-compliant)

Bminer

The last major release of Bminer 10.0.0 has introduced support for Equihash 144,5 mining, though it was limited to only Zhash used by Bitcoin Gold (BTG), but the latest update 10.2.0 opens up the doors to all Equihash 144,5 coins. You can now mine all coins that use the Equihash 144,5 with the use of the -pers command line parameter setting up the coin you want to mine. You can now mine BitcoinZ, SafeCoin, ZelCash, SnowGem and others that use the Equihash 144,5 algorithm with the latest Bminer 10.2.0. We remind you that that Bminer is a closed source Nvidia GPU miner available for Linux and Windows in the form of pre-compiled binaries and that there is a 2% development fee for Bytom (BTM), Equihash and Zhash coins, 0.65% for Ethash and 1.3% for dual mining Ethash and Blake.

EWBF miner

The latest EWBF Cuda Equihash Miner v0.5 comes with some performance optimizations and fixes for various variations of the Equihash algorithm it supports for GPU mining on Nvidia-based rigs. You can expect to see a speed increase of 3-15% depending on your mining hardware for Equihash 144,5 as well as 2% for Equihash 210,9 with the latest update. The new version also fixes the problem with cropped performance on fast (1080 Ti, Titan) gpus for Equihash 96,5 as well as the “low difficulty shares” problem, on Aion pools for Equihash 210,9. So if you are mining any of the Equihash Equihash 192,7, 144,5, 96,5 or 210,9 variants yo umight want to give this miner a go. Do note it does not support the Equihash 200,9 that was originally the algorithm called Equihash and used by ZCash (ZEC) that is currently mineable by ASIC miners. We are also reminding you that the EWBF Cuda Equihash Miner is a closed source miner, there are CUDA 8.0 and 9.1 binaries available for Windows and Linux and there is a 2% developer fee built-in by default.

• Staff

BTCZ BitcoinZ 144,5 BitcoinZ Zhash Effective 2018-6-15
    BTG Bitcoin Gold 144,5 BgoldPoW Equihash-BTG Effective 2018-7-3
    LTZ LitecoinZ 144,5 ZcashPoW Equihash Effective 2018-6-21
    SAFE Safecoin 144,5 Safecoin Equihash 144,5 Effective 2018-6-18
    XSG SnowGem 144,5 sngemPoW Equihash Effective 2018-7-5

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2017 PiMP LLC. All rights Reserved.

Looks like your connection to PiMP Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.