Welcome to the PiMP Mining Community Forum.

Coin/crypto news, miner.farm and getpimp.org announcements, guides, and tips.

Key Not working - Key failed validation: Unknown keys

• Hi,

Admin's I am having an issue with my last PiMP Key. I purchased 9 keys in total and the rest work fine, but this last one will not authenticate. I am getting the following:

Checking internet connectivity... Done
    Please enter this rig's PiMP Key. It can be found on your email from getPiMP.org
    You can also SSH to this rig with ssh root@192.168.1.74 pimpkey <key> to enter the key
    This will verify the key and reboot the rig automatically into verified key mode
    Enter your Key: *KEY REMOVED - But is correct from email
    .. seems good...
    Your key will be verified in just a moment............
    Key failed validation: Unknown keys
    Please enter this rig's PiMP Key. It can be found on your email from getPiMP.org
    You can also SSH to this rig with ssh root@192.168.1.74 pimpkey <key> to enter the key
    This will verify the key and reboot the rig automatically into verified key mode
    Enter your Key:

It doesn't matter if I add the key manually or copy and paste (remote SSH) it just does not like the key and will not accept it.

Ive tried everything before putting this message up such as creating an new install / image of PiMPOS.

Any ideas please? As I need this last rig up.

Thanks,

Stu

• Developer

Hello Stu,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you confirm if you are using the latest OS version (2.4.2-all).
    It could be a number of things, but if you can use the latest OS version always helps.

It may also be a corrupt image, so I would try doing a clean image (i.e. make sure you eject the drive after image completed to ensure image is not corrupted)
    See link for Windows: https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/12/how-to-write-the-pimp-os-image-using-windows

Also, could you try a different hard drive, that could be the cause of the problem as well.

Regards, Louis

• Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah we are using the latest version downloaded from the email sent to us (2.4.2-all).

Its a clean image install and was done correctly. I already tried on a different SSD (we got a few spare, clean, brand new SSD's). We have installed PiMPOS on 8 other rigs with no issues, it literally is the key not being accepted.

Thanks,

Stu

• Resolved - Had to do a full reinstall of PiMPOS on 3 of my rigs with fresh (blank) SSDs and reapply PiMPOS Keys which seems to have fixed the issue.

• Developer

@info21

Excellent news info21, and thanks for persevering!

Best Louis

• Hello,
    I also have a key problem. I have the purchased version of 2.4.2 all and now I wanted to install the new version 2.9.7.
    This version is offered to me at https://getpimp.org/home-landing/my-account/downloads/.
    I also have a new SSD and as always with the programs in the ZIP files are flashed.
    Unfortunately, my KEY does not work for this version.

thank you for your help

• Staff

@hzumbach I can confirm that your key did not expire.

Pro tip: Never say "did not work" or "does not work" to a support person - always provide the error or output.

Sorry to hear you're having problems getting set up. There are a couple of solutions that we have found for this issue, I've outlined them below:

1. Did you get the error: Max agents added to key?

Clear your key rig count in Miner.farm Account page.

Quick Video:

Youtube Video

1. Ensure that your key is entered correctly

Your key will not successfully validate if there are any extra hidden characters in the key, or if the key is entered incorrectly. We recommend using ssh to paste the key in, and you can find those instructions on our forum post: Entering the Key for the First Boot. We also recommend using a notepad to ensure that you are getting a clean paste with the correct characters (sometimes changing the font also helps identify outlier characters or similar letters/digits).

1. Reimage PiMP OS

Errors with how the image was made can leave the image unwriteable. To solve this, you'll need to 'finish' the image burn correctly with 'eject' or 'close' commands in the writing software. If that doesn't work, you may want to try using a different write method altogether. Check out our information on How to Write the PiMP OS Image using Windows or Linux or Mac OSX.

1. Use a different SSD/Disk

If neither of the two above issues resolve your problems, it might be that the image target has excessive errors or a pattern of errors that the writing software can't avoid. To resolve this, try installing the image with a different SSD/Disk.

Come join the fun in PiMP Discord Chat: a 24/7 Real time Mining Community with hundreds of miners around the world sharing tips about mining crypto currency. Our Clubhouse call is Wed 6PM EST every week! https://discord.me/pimp

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2012-2019 Portable Instant Mining Platform LLC. All rights Reserved.