Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum

Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...

Note: To change your forum username: login, click your avatar icon (top right?), Edit Profile. Change the "full name" field to your preferred username.

Quick Links

1 of 3 GPU fans don't spin after gputool config

• Hi, I am new to Pimp OS. After I did some adjustments in the gputool config file, 1 of the 3 fans on the GPU won't spin anymore. When I reboot the rig the configuration goes back to normal with a default config where all fans works again. Any ideas how to troubleshoot and fix ? Thanks!

• Staff

@pimpr

how about some details? what gpu?

• Sorry, I forgot. It's a Asus Rog Strix 3090 gpu.

• Update: I now inserted a MSI Gaming X trio 3090 card in addition to to other. The main card works perfect now, but the new card is set to fan speed 30% even if I change it in gpu-config.json file.

• Staff

Hey pimpr, I think those cards sometimes don't cooperate with the driver or with each other. Going by past posts like this one and some in the discord, https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/11106/not-all-fan-speeds-being-set/5

I'm wondering if the phoenixminer auto fan (the default using -tt 70 in the FLAGS) is able to manage the fans while mining. Could you give that a try, while making sure to watch the temps closely? Might be the easiest path forward for this setup.

Thank you,

• I ran the phoenixmixer with -tt 70 but the MSI GPU fan still runs at 30%.. I also tried to reboot and change value in the json file but no luck. When I disconnect the ASUS GPU the MSI card fan speed is adjustable in the json file (or it seems like just one of the fans is adjustable).
    UPDATE: I changed PCE-e slot for both GPUs and now the MSI GPU is stuck at fan speed 58%...

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

© 2014-2021 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC