Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum

Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...

Note: To change your forum username: login, click your avatar icon (top right?), Edit Profile. Change the "full name" field to your preferred username.

Quick Links

Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key?

• I re-purposed a laptop drive that has 320gb of storage. It was the smallest size harddrive I have. I followed the imaging steps downloaded and ran the HDDRawCopy picked the file then the target and it all finished just fine. when i disconnect my Original hard drive and connect the new used harddrive (320gb sata drive) and booted from it i get the msg Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key. Here's some pictures. Ive disconnected and deleted a partition that was on it and now its one whole drive. tried again and same issue. Im using my old windows 10 pc with 650w psu and amd procressor with a gtx 1080 ti. The computer is model hp p7-1003w 0_1518071702224_20180207_210438.jpg 0_1518071871658_20180207_205923c.jpg 0_1518071877015_20180207_205923.jpg 0_1518071880931_20180207_205923b.jpg

• Well i got it to run by running the previous build. It didnt like my HP mouse so had to use an off brand one and it worked. now i just need to figure out how to edit config files add my wallet. this is not as easy as they say on here.

• welcome to pimp, sorry its a bit of a challenge, but the learning curve is worth it. pimp is not like the other os where you just install and walk away. this is designed to give the absolute most amount of configuration and tweaking (with exception undervolting which is being looked at), so there is a price of learning curve over ease of use.

your mobo does not look like it is UEFI so it wont run the latest pimp. however you should investigate your mobo manufacturer and determine if a newer BIOS update gives you UEFI. depending on the date of release, many lines were upgraded with UEFI when it came out. you'll know it's UEFI when the BIOS screen looks much more modern with mouse support, etc.

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

© 2014-2021 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC