Want to begin mining , what would be the best way to look at what hardware to buy

• hello

i want to start mining , i heard it was a good hobby but unsure on how to see what hardware would be good for me
    could any of you help me get started on selecting hardware ?
    and what the does and don't things are

many thanks

• Hi there,

I have found that comparing motherboards with peoples experience in the altcoin section of the bitcointalk forums is the best way to choose your hardware. This is the most comprehensive knowledge base for GPU mining that I have found. As with any internet forum, there are many competing ideas on the hardware so you will need to do your own research to decide what hardware you want to go with but this will give you a better idea than pretty much any other resource you will find online.

The do's and donts are numerous, but the main thing you need to do is educate yourself on the hardware and software you are using before you purchase/use it. The information is out there, it is up to you to do the proper research before purchasing anything.

Hope this helps!

• In term of choosing hardware, there are many factor that influence it. For example, why do you get into mining? If you want to mine and get profit right away, then the return of investment for altcoin right now is not good. But if you want to mind and HOLD the coins, hope that in the future the price would goes up then you make profit, then it's more of a long term situation. If it's for long term, then you have to ask yourself how much money you can spend (or have extra money around) to build a mining rig. GTX 1060 is cheap now but it's not going to hold its value and will become useless in a year or 2 just like those Radeon RX 470/480 because mining difficulty goes up.
    GTX 1070 is the popular GPU now and it's a balance of cost and performance, but still, it's an expensive gpu, so do the math and show small you want to start with.

One thing that not many people mention is dealing with heat, some point down the road you will need to spend more money to overcome the heat situation, unless you live in the cold winter area. There are many ways to keep the rig cool, I'm still trying to find a solution without using regular home air condition.

• Staff

Look at the Rig Showcase and talk to the pimps of course!

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2017 PiMP LLC. All rights Reserved.

Looks like your connection to PiMP Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.