<- Return to getpimp.org

Can't see GPU's correctly

• Hey guys,

Just setting up a new rig with some ASUS 1060 6GB Dual OC cards, I've got a problem with PiMP not seeing the cards correctly. in gputool liist I get this:

2 GPUs seen in hardware:
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 510 (rev 06) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Rev. 2] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

GPUs reported by NVidia driver:
    Unable to determine the product name for gpu 0000:01:00.0: Unknown Error

And with nvidia-smi I get this:

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | NVIDIA-SMI 384.98 Driver Version: 384.98 |
    |-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
    | GPU Name Persistence-M| Bus-Id Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
    | Fan Temp Perf Pwr:Usage/Cap| Memory-Usage | GPU-Util Compute M. |
    |===============================+======================+======================|
    | 0 ERR! Off | 00000000:01:00.0 Off | N/A |
    | 0% 45C P0 25W / 120W | 0MiB / 6072MiB | 0% Default |
    +-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+

| Processes: GPU Memory |
    | GPU PID Type Process name Usage |
    |=============================================================================|
    | No running processes found |

Any ideas why it can't see my card? Just to note, I have tried another spare1060 card and that works fine.

• Your onboard GPU is enabled and pimp wont work until its disabled. you can do that in the Bios.

• I've got an Asrock H110 Pro MB and followed the guide here. When I put my spare 1060 it see's it ok so wondered if it was a driver issue?

• If youre getting this in dmesg your onboard gpu is still enabled. I have the same mobo. The settings are Mutli monitor to false and PCIE2 instead of onboard in primary graphics. Play with those settings though because I swear it wanted whatever it wasnt to work in either direction.

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 510 (rev 06) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2017 PiMP LLC. All rights Reserved.

Looks like your connection to PiMP Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.