Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum

Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...

Note: To change your forum username: login, click your avatar icon (top right?), Edit Profile. Change the "full name" field to your preferred username.

Quick Links

Can't see GPU's correctly

• Hey guys,

Just setting up a new rig with some ASUS 1060 6GB Dual OC cards, I've got a problem with PiMP not seeing the cards correctly. in gputool liist I get this:

2 GPUs seen in hardware:
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 510 (rev 06) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Rev. 2] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

GPUs reported by NVidia driver:
    Unable to determine the product name for gpu 0000:01:00.0: Unknown Error

And with nvidia-smi I get this:

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | NVIDIA-SMI 384.98 Driver Version: 384.98 |
    |-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
    | GPU Name Persistence-M| Bus-Id Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
    | Fan Temp Perf Pwr:Usage/Cap| Memory-Usage | GPU-Util Compute M. |
    |===============================+======================+======================|
    | 0 ERR! Off | 00000000:01:00.0 Off | N/A |
    | 0% 45C P0 25W / 120W | 0MiB / 6072MiB | 0% Default |
    +-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+

| Processes: GPU Memory |
    | GPU PID Type Process name Usage |
    |=============================================================================|
    | No running processes found |

Any ideas why it can't see my card? Just to note, I have tried another spare1060 card and that works fine.

• Your onboard GPU is enabled and pimp wont work until its disabled. you can do that in the Bios.

• I've got an Asrock H110 Pro MB and followed the guide here. When I put my spare 1060 it see's it ok so wondered if it was a driver issue?

• If youre getting this in dmesg your onboard gpu is still enabled. I have the same mobo. The settings are Mutli monitor to false and PCIE2 instead of onboard in primary graphics. Play with those settings though because I swear it wanted whatever it wasnt to work in either direction.

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 510 (rev 06) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

© 2014-2021 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC