Anyone use a USB Reboot Watchdog?

• I'm still trying to get an automated hardware reset for when one of my rigs hangs and is non-responsive. OS and software reboot isn't working. I'm wondering about a hardware solution like this?

• There are smart plugs that can you can control through your home network. This physically turns the power off and on to the plug giving the system a full cold boot. Just set your BIOS to power on after a power failure and you have a remote reboot solution that is foolproof.

• My rigs are not on 120, any other solutions besides a residential smart plug

• @schmelzle If you are running single phase, Sonoff products can handle anything from 90vac t0 240vac. I have several of their POW devices that will pass 3500 watts of non-resistive load (aka not motors) in that range, are connected via WiFi and can have scheduled or unscheduled shutdowns set up through a cloud-enabled phone app and will show power use graphs on said cloud.

Does that sound like something more to your liking?

• @james.kuhlman, thank you, I am very new to all of this and any suggestions help

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2012-2018 PiMP LLC. All rights Reserved.

Looks like your connection to PiMP Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.