Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum

Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...

Note: To change your forum username: login, click your avatar icon (top right?), Edit Profile. Change the "full name" field to your preferred username.

Quick Links

How to Write the PiMP OS Image using Windows

• @doug You can juggle an image as you like. But you need to write it down in one of the recommended ways.

• This post is deleted!

• I did exactly as prescribed over here (btw my 16gb wasn't big enough, had to buy 32 gb!) and then I tried to boot my asus b250 mining expert (having enabled compatibility boot in Bios - I know that much!) and it won't boot at all... Why??!
    There are no messages. It just won't boot. The hard drive is visible under UEFI bios and it is recognised as bootable.

• Staff

Some cheap 16GB SSDs are not really 16GB. Like Kingdian is really only 15.8 or so.

When it doesn't boot at all, there can be so many possible things. We will need more information on how your BIOS is setup etc. Would recommend following some of the many well written guides on setting up the BIOS for PiMP.

Then post the values for those settings if you are having further issues. Double check all the wiring, etc. Reduce things down to just one GPU to start.

• Hi . Ok but after charging the source.image with DMDE ! how to start the miner ? watt is the process to start ?

• Staff

Check out the Quickstart Guide

Quickstart Guide

• Ok I try this : ssh root@10.0.0.193 but I find : ssh: connect to host 10.0.0.193 port 22: No route to host . I'm on Linux

• Staff

This type of assistance would be best to get from the Discord Pimp channel Here

Join the channel and ask your questions. Someone is almost always on that can assist you.

• Staff

Updated original post with video. Thanks again!

• Staff

PiMP Install Re-explained by Broomey from the PIMP Support Team - Thank you Broomey!

Do you have a Windows pc or laptop handy? Coz you usually use that.. plug your soon to be pimp ssd onto that.. use DMDE (it comes with the download of the pimp os) to copy sector's from the 2.25.2 image to your ssd.

When it's done, it will tell you it's successfully complete, you then close all those windows and make sure you eject your ssd properly like you do a usb stick. Once you do this.. you put your ssd in your mining rig and fire it up. 👍

If you have a screen connected to your rig.. you will get to a screen that asks for your activation key. To avoid any typos, best to use PUTTY from your windows pc or laptop to control your rig.. copy and paste will be your friend. 👌

Here's a little cheat sheet I made to help get ppl going. 👍🍻
    pimp_cheat_-_sheet.pdf

Bit daunting when you first start.. bit once you do it once you'll get the hang pretty quick. 😎

Plus there's lots of help in forum and discord.. pop in anytime mate.

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

© 2014-2021 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC