<- Return to getpimp.org

Pimp OS RC5 problem ctd (on this forum)

• Hi
    I posted this on Discord but just to continue I found that with RC2 everything was ok. RC5 progressed no further after saying invalid key on boot.
    With RC2 I was able to SSH in to enter the key.
    All was ok with a single 1070 but when I popped in the other 5 I got a bios message saying use the on-board molex PCI power connectors and PIMP froze on before completing booting. I have an ASROCK H81 Pro BTC mainboard and the fact I have the powered risers powered directly from the PSU I though would not matter. After some research I think I will also plug in the mainboard molex connectors as it will not damage anything having both. The fact that PIMP froze may be related but I think I will use the trusty build up the GPU one by one approach before attempting the full load.

Should we all start using this forum now?

• Staff

Yes, thank you Richard for the post. Definitely go one at a time for the fastest results on that one.

This is exactly why we created the forum, to have a lasting, searchable archive with all of the questions and answers we can find. :) Definitely update us here on what you discover!

• Update:
    Now up and running with booting RC2 with 6x1070's being seen by hardware and NVidia driver.
    Loaded Claymore dual 10.0 configuration and then ran pimp ---test 1
    It gave an error after 'Miner Screen Started' that says 'Waiting for verified start . . . . . . Unable to start. I can see all GPUs with gputool (list and status). I did notice the gpu config has only one gpu entry but not sure if this would affect the miner starting up.
    omething simple probably.

• thanks Richard hope this helps you aswell

when you start and you can write again please type screen -r and see if the miner is running if there is no screen coming with that command

• Hi dbct
    Not quite sure I understand what you mean. Sorry for being so dim.
    pimp --test 1 then screen -r or vice versa.
    Can I do something like pimp --debug 1 ? if that helps

• yes please do and send the pastbin of that here please

• Ok
    I have just SSH'd in and run pimp --debug 1 and it says no pools specified.
    That would help I suppose!

• I want to go with Nanopool and I have a coinbase wallet.
    Where to I put all the worker and pool info? must be some config -?
    How lazy is that for not RTFMing!

• Staff

Richard, this is not an acceptable response. Go to the top and click Support Forum, then click Getting Started, then click the the guides there to learn how to use PIMP.

• Hi Melt
    I think you misunderstood my last response.
    I meant how lazy I was for not reading the manual - it's an English self deprecating term of phrase and not meant to suggest the Pimp team were lazy!!
    Self deprecation is best kept people in the UK as it may offend otherwise.
    Sorry for any unintentional offense caused.

• Anyway, I am looking forward to customising my config file this evening (now I know how to do it) and seeing how my first attempt at a rig will perform under Pimp!

• well there is a getting started section that holds a nicepiece on that my friend

command you will encounter is pimp --edit 1 but this is after you added a miner ofcourse

• Good news in that I have _176MH/s from 6 1070's which run well I have 100 core and 600 memory offsets (I did have 800 memory offset but it was pushing one of the GPUs to 150W max) . So now I can see everything on the miner.farm so what happens now with things appearing as reward from Nanopool to Coinbase (in my case)?
    Does it take 24 hours for example?

One little problem is that I cannot seem to RDP from my MacBook Pro (it connects but just gives a black screen)?

PS Now I have found my way around by not being lazy (sorry Melt!) I have to say I think the Pimp Dev team have done a great job!.

• Staff

Thank you very much, Richard! Glad that those values are looking good for you at the moment.

To look at what you are making you can also go to the pool and put your address in to see earning and payout.

Here is an example of checking at eth.nanopool.org:

At this time no miners are running there but there is a balance. You have to look at the pool information on their site to find out about payouts. Some pools you have to login and use usernames with like Suprnova, you have to schedule or configure the payouts yourself. Here is an example of the cashout settings screen on Suprnova:

I hope this answers your questions about where earnings and payouts go. GREAT question!

As far as the RDP in? I'm not sure, I will have to get some more information on that one. But it should behave the same as a Windows RDP Client. If not, you may have to use SSH. If you would like to try to provide a screenshot that may assist support in getting a better answer.

Happy mining Richard!!

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2017 PiMP LLC. All rights Reserved.

Looks like your connection to PiMP Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.