Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum

Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...

Note: To change your forum username: login, click your avatar icon (top right?), Edit Profile. Change the "full name" field to your preferred username.

Quick Links

Any issue adding SNMP?

• I already have a Librenms instance running on a server on my network, I'd like to add my miner to it to monitor. Would there be any issue installing the snmp packages to pimp (running latest version)?

Thanks

• Staff

Hi AR15, sure, you can follow ubuntu 18.04 instructions such as https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-and-configure-an-snmp-daemon-and-client-on-ubuntu-18-04

Looks like a lot of work. You might also consider using miner.farm to monitor your mining operations, with more relevant metrics for mining. Example below...

546527a3-1ea1-49fb-a40d-97cde27da8c9-image.png

• Staff

Hello,

PiMP OS does not lock/limit users from the system. Users are free to install whatever they want... there's no way for us to know what changes are being made, therefore the amount of support that we would be able to provide you will be limited. Good luck.

Speaking of monitoring... have you looked at Miner.Farm?... It works directly with your PiMP rig for monitoring and alerting... specific info in relation to mining like hashrates, accepts, miner up/down status, health checks, temps, power, etc... You're not going to get that kind of data from SNMP.

• Hey Doc/Melt. Completely understand you wouldnt support it and I realize snmp wouldnt give the same mining related data as miner farm. I already use Miner.Farm, but since I have every node on my network feeding snmp to my server I thought I'd do the same with my miner.

• Staff

@AR15USR said in Any issue adding SNMP?:

Hey Doc/Melt. Completely understand you wouldnt support it and I realize snmp wouldnt give the same mining related data as miner farm. I already use Miner.Farm, but since I have every node on my network feeding snmp to my server I thought I'd do the same with my miner.

Hey, we are all about tinkering here, get in there and try the guide, the worst case is you start over and re-image. We like to make sure people know about all the features in case they didn't know.

Update this thread with any tips and tricks or stumbling blocks so we know how you make out! Good luck AR15!

• Update:
    snmpd install went smooth, didnt have to do anything out of the ordinary. I have snmp data flowing to my server. Next task is to get the nvidia app in Librenms setup..

librenms picture

• Staff

Ah, looks similar to Zabbix, I checked out their site too. Great project, you know how much we love dashboards over here at miner.farm and Gotta have Dark Mode!!

Very nice work...

Good luck with the nvidia monitoring, hope the polling doesn't cause trouble for the cards. Curious to see what info it shows.

• Update:
    Got the nvidia app in Librenms discovered and working correctly. So far doesnt seem to effect the card, havent seen any change in hash rate or stability.

alt text

• Here's what data it graphs:

GPU Utilization
    Memory Utilization
    Encoder Utilization
    Decoder Utilization
    Frame Buffer Memory Usage
    Bar1 Memory Usage
    PCIe RX
    PCIe TX
    Power Usage
    Temperature
    Memory Clock
    GPU Clock
    Power Voltage Percentage
    Thermal Violation Boolean
    Single Bit ECC Errors
    Double Bit ECC Errors

• Staff

Very cool, and glad to hear it doesn't interfere with mining... Most likely because nvidia makes top notch drivers. Great project and thanks again for sharing the results - We miners love dashboards, graphs, and stats, as you well know :)

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

© 2014-2021 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC