Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum

Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...

Note: To change your forum username: login, click your avatar icon (top right?), Edit Profile. Change the "full name" field to your preferred username.

Quick Links

Asrock H110 PRO BTC+ question

• I am getting a Asrock H110 PRO BTC+ ready to mine with a single nvidia card for the moment. I understand it needs to be connected to the x16 slot. Does the riser need to be a x16 size ribbon? or can it be the regular small riser size?

Thanks

• Staff

@AR15USR said in Asrock H110 PRO BTC+ question:

I am getting a Asrock H110 PRO BTC+ ready to mine with a single nvidia card for the moment. I understand it needs to be connected to the x16 slot. Does the riser need to be a x16 size ribbon? or can it be the regular small riser size?

Thanks

Hi AR15USR and thanks for your post. Glad to hear about your new rig, and we're thankful for you trying PIMP/miner.farm. A few notes about your build... If you have one GPU only you can throw it directly in the x16 slot and mine, just be mindful of the airflow/heat.

Regarding risers, USB risers are used now, ribbon risers are not used anymore. And there are many kinds and versions. I think recent versions of risers are 008 and 009.

The reason for risers is not only to help airflow/heat management, but because you're not using the full graphics pipeline of the PCI interface because you're mining, not rendering games, you can use the other PCI x1 slots to connect the GPUs.

For more examples of real-world pimp rigs and hardware builds, check out our awesome Rig Showcase https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/1086/schillan-s-sweet-20x1070-pimp-tower-rack-and-a-laundry-rig-too

Another thing to be mindful of, with those H110 boards some of them have a "Network Killer Bug" where we are recommending that you use a add-on USB NIC to avoid the board "killing your whole network" - so if that happens, you'll know the cause. Definitely make sure you update firmware BIOS.

And last of all - we have a custom setup guide for you here for the H110 Pro here:
    https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/220/h110-pro-btc-13gpu-motherboard-setup-guide-for-mining

Good luck! See you here and on the discord!

• Hey Melt, thanks for getting back to me. I got all that as this isn't my first rig. But it has been a long time, last time i mined BTC price was below a dollar haha!

I do have all USB risers, was just wondering if this board required a special x16 version for this first card?

Thanks for letting me know about the "Network Killer" Bug. Will for sure update the BIOS first off.

• Staff

Got it. Ha, Hope you still have those coins! Plenty more to be made too. Welcome back :)

You can place the x1 riser into the front portion of the x16 slot, be careful it faces correctly or that'll be the end of that slot and more.

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

© 2014-2021 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC