Miner.farm Crypto Currency Community Forum

Browse and post your favorite coin/crypto news, miner.farm and PiMP OS updates and announcements, mining guides, overclocking tips, and more...

Note: To change your forum username: login, click your avatar icon (top right?), Edit Profile. Change the "full name" field to your preferred username.

Quick Links

Trying to set up Vega 56 in pimp-2.24. Getting high hash rates, but no share accepts

• I downloaded pimp-2.24 and imaged my SSD so I could mine with Vega 56 GPUs. I am trying to mine Ethereum with ethminer.amd.pcfg using Nanopool. The GPUs are Vega 56 GPUs with 8 MB ram. I have not changed any clock or power parameters for the GPUs. I am getting high hash rates (higher than expected), but there are no shares being accepted. What am I missing?

• Beta Team

Hey tnewbold1. Just double check your pool settings, stratum etc.. in particular for correct spaces or dots etc. Also.. check that the algo is set correctly. If you jump in discord and post a screenshot of your miner config setup ill take a peep and see if I can spot anything. 😉👍

• @tnewbold1 said in Trying to set up Vega 56 in pimp-2.24. Getting high hash rates, but no share accepts:

I downloaded pimp-2.24 and imaged my SSD so I could mine with Vega 56 GPUs. I am trying to mine Ethereum with ethminer.amd.pcfg using Nanopool. The GPUs are Vega 56 GPUs with 8 MB ram. I have not changed any clock or power parameters for the GPUs. I am getting high hash rates (higher than expected), but there are no shares being accepted. What am I missing?

Hello tnewbold1, Broomey, Thank you both for your posts.

I Have one idea to try, I was told that for Vega, VII, 5600, 5700, the best strategy is to comment out gputool with a # in the /root/startup.sh file, and then use phoenixminer FLAGS to control the cards, is the easiest way, followed by using rocm-smi tool. Can you see if this might bring you more sucsess than the ethminer? Let us know. Thankyou. -BadBoyBill

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

© 2014-2021 Miner.farm | By Miners, For Miners | Portable Instant Mining Platform, LLC