Welcome to the PiMP Mining Community Forum.

Coin/crypto news, miner.farm and getpimp.org announcements, guides, and tips.

Stuck on screen that shows IP

• I found I have the same problem.after I did the install and added one of my gpu’s. It boots to the desktop with the onboard video and no gpu’s connected. when I add a gpu it will not load the desktop. I can ssh to the machine but after setting up the miner profile for sgminer.eth.conf with the same settings as my first rig no joy. Only mines to nanopool but when I go to look at the stats on the pool no worker and no stats. I can live with running it from ssh but it would be nice if it would mine also. I tried the all the suggestions in this thread with no success. Next stepI will be an install from an older version and then do an in place upgrade.

• you need to separate your issues. desktop or no desktop is unrelated to your miner not registering on the pool. if you can get a miner into the air, your system is working. if it's not reg on the pool, you've mostly likely done something wrong in the config.

• Thank you for your response. Yes they are seperate issues and I probably could have indicated that more clearly but the fact is I have no GUI desktop when gpu’s are connected. I have a mining problem, which is a seperate issue. I did indicate that the mining profile was setup the same as my first working rig. Both rigs are registered and minerfarm is registered on both. I see both rigs in my farm and they both show they are connected to a pool and working. Except the new rig with the Desktop issue(unrelated) will not connect to us1.ethermine.org. Shows dead in in my farm. When I go to nanopool (which it now defaults to) to view my stats there are no active workers. I did confirm my wallet 4 times. Hopefully the extra details help. At this point I am not sure what to do so I am going to try changing the port the miner profiles use and if that does not work delete the profile and start over. Any other ideas or suggestions I will appreciate.

• If it shows "DEAD" then it worked, the GPUs ran way too hard, and they self destructred the thread. it still seems like a config issue to me. Be wary that these following items need to be carefully configured. When I added zcash the default settings blew my machine up and it would restart every time it even started. You need to back those numbers down to something really low and increment up bit by bit by trial and error. Below is how I got my zcash maxed out before restarts. Below that is what I suggest you start by:

My zcash:
    "intensity" : "21",
    "gpu-threads" : "1"
    "worksize" : "32",

Starting settings:
    "intensity" : "8",
    "gpu-threads" : "1"
    "worksize" : "8",

• also make sure you rm gpu-config.json, and renew it and dont change any OC until you have a working miner profile

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Thanks. I did not know that “Dead” indicated it worked but the gpus were working to hard. Now it is starting to click.

• This post is deleted!

• @laroche-genie-it said in Stuck on screen that shows IP:

Thanks michaelbtolbert and redFred5 !!

You solved my Desktop problem.
    I used mobaXterm and these commands:

apt-get install --reinstall ubuntu-desktop
    apt-get install --reinstall lightdm
    sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager
    DISPLAY=:1 ccsm &

Did not help me.

• This worked thanks for posting the solution if it was an Nvidia rig I would have left it headless but with amd it is easier to bios mod the cards with the DE
    do you have the process to BIOS mod without the DE if so can you post it

apt-get install --reinstall ubuntu-desktop
    apt-get install --reinstall lightdm
    sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager
    DISPLAY=:1 ccsm &

• @benjaminhamdorf I have asus z270a + rx580, no NVIDIA.
    Do not know what is DE and BIOS mod do you mean.
    On these rig with 2.3.30 work perfect, with 2.4.1 and 2.4.2 desctop deos not start.

• by "desktop does not start", can you SSH to the rig? you probably still have onboard GPU enabled.

• The rig itself Just showws the IP on the screen, I can SSH and run the rigs without issue it is just alot easier to bios mod from the rig by DE I mean Desktop Environment
    Following the above instructions fixed all issues with the rig

. I have had this issue only wit h2.4.1 and 2.4.2

• This post is deleted!

• @Paz,
    SSh work well. DE does not start.

I and @benjaminhamdorf and many other have this issue with 2.4.1 and 2.4.2.
    It soled easy bu come back to 2.3.30 but PIMP turn off validation of 2.3.30.

• most of the time this is onboard monitor issue. first can you give the url from running helpme

how is your monitor plugged in? is it hdmi cable? is it plugged to motherboard or gpu?

make sure is plugged into one of your gpus, not motherboard. and you can try moving the GPU with monitor around to different slot on your motherboard. linux may be having problem to assign a desktop to the hardware.

• @Paz,
    HDMI cable, worl well on the other rigs.
    HDMI connected to GPU0 PCIe slot. I tryed change GPUs - no chnage, DE doeas not start.
    Now I put GPU 0 into GPU slot directly (no riser), - no change. Stoped on the IP address into boot.

• ok can you provide a helpme? run helpme at shell, you will get a shareable url to paste here.

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2012-2019 Portable Instant Mining Platform LLC. All rights Reserved.