Setting Up Miner Profiles

• Staff

Managed Profiles

What are Managed Profiles?

PIMP OS provides easy-to-use "mining profiles" which is a mining program such as sgminer-gm combined with a config file for it.

These are the profiles that are provided by PiMP as known-good configurations. You can start with one of these and customize with your own wallet, pool, and settings.

Some miners parse their own JSON .conf files, and some miners do not. The ones that do not, we have provided a .pcfg (PIMP config) file that allows you to easily edit user settings like pool/wallet with inline help and documentation provided by PIMP team.

There are 4 kinds of profiles:

• amd: for amdgpu and fglrx gpu mining.
    • nvidia: for nvidia gpu mining.
    • cpu: for mining with your CPU (amd or intel)
    • asic: for mining with FPGA or ASIC connected via USB.

NEW! Check out this video "How the PiMP Default config files work and how to edit them:

Youtube Video

How to Use Managed Profiles?

You can use the minerfarm agent console and/or the command line tools to add, edit, start/stop, and delete profiles.

Type: pimp --add for a list of managed profiles available on your system. The managed profiles are known-good or baseline configurations that you can use to verify the rig operates properly. Then, you can customize the profile to your liking with your own settings, wallets, pools, etc.

E.g. pimp --add 1031

Check out this video: How to list, add, test and delete managed profiles with pimp --add, pimp --list, pimp --test, and pimp --delete. Special pimpup tricks too!

Youtube Video

You can also use the Agent console to manage miners and profiles:

minerfarm, then a

Use the minerfarm command to open the agent console, then press a to add a miner. Use the tab, space and enter keys to select the binary and conf pair (or your own combination of binary and config files), then save, then exit.
    This will save your new miner profile as ID 1.
    The minerfarm agent console displays realtime information about your mining rig, agent and miner, and is an easy way to manage your rig from the terminal.
    Press q to quit.

Profiles for mining with AMD GPUs (fglrx and amdgpu):

1101 (amd) sgminer-gm: multialgo [sgminer.multi.conf]
    Sgminer-gm is a free open source miner branch of sgminer 5 maintained by Genesis Mining. You can use this profile to mine DASH, X11, X13, X15, Eth, Decred, Blake, and other algorithms.

1102 (amd) sgminer-gm: eth [sgminer.eth.conf]
    Sgminer-gm is a free open source miner branch of sgminer 5 maintained by Genesis Mining. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine Ubiq, Ethereum and Ethereum Classic coins.

1103 (amd) sgminer-gm: xmr [sgminer.xmr.conf]
    Sgminer-gm is a free open source miner branch of sgminer 5 maintained by Genesis Mining. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine XMR/Monero and other CryptoNight coins.

1104 (amd) sgminer-gm: zcash [sgminer.zcash.conf]
    Sgminer-gm is a free open source miner branch of sgminer 5 maintained by Genesis Mining. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine Zcash and other Equihash coins.

1105 (amd) sgminer-gm: groestl [sgminer.groestl.conf]
    Sgminer-gm is a free open source miner branch of sgminer 5 maintained by Genesis Mining. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine Groestl coins.

1106 (amd) sgminer-gm: dash (x11) [sgminer.dash.conf]
    Sgminer-gm is a free open source miner branch of sgminer 5 maintained by Genesis Mining. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine Dash and other X11 coins.

1107 (amd) sgminer-gm: lyra2v2 [sgminer.lyra2v2.conf]
    Sgminer-gm is a free open source miner branch of sgminer 5 maintained by Genesis Mining. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine Lyra2rev2 coins.

1108 (amd) sgminer-gm: lyra2z [sgminer.lyra2z.conf]
    Sgminer-gm is a free open source miner branch of sgminer 5 maintained by Genesis Mining. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine Lyra2z coins.

1301 (amd) sgminer-pascal [sgminer.pascal.conf]
    Sgminer-pascal is a free open source miner branch of sgminer 5 with Pascal algorithm support. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine Pascal coins.

1401 (amd) sgminer-tpruvot: signatum/sigt/skunk [sgminer.sigt.conf]
    Sgminer-gm is a free open source miner branch of sgminer 5 maintained by Tanguy Pruvot. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. This is a fork meant for mining the signatum algorithms.

1511 (amd) optiminer: equihash [optiminer.equihash.pcfg]
    This is the new version of the 1501 optiminer-zcash profile that was removed. Optiminer is a closed-source commercial miner with low stability but high hashrates. It has limited or no proper API support, but we do our best to parse its logs to provide useful stats. This miner will mine to the developer’s pool and/or pay the developer a % of your hash. This may be disabled by adding parameters to your conf, but then the hashrate will be reduced. We recommend leaving it on so you and the developer each benefit. (Note: PIMP does not touch any of your hashes or take any percent of your mining profits, ever.) You can use this profile to mine Zcash, Zcash Classic, and other Equihash coins.

1601 (amd) claymore zcash/equihash [claymore.zcash.pcfg]
    Claymore’s Zcash miner is a closed-source commercial miner with medium stability but high hashrates. It has limited API support, but we do our best to parse its logs to provide useful stats. This miner will mine to the developer’s pool and/or pay the developer a % of your hash. This may be disabled by adding parameters to your conf, but then the hashrate will be reduced. We recommend leaving it on so you and the developer each benefit. (Note: PIMP does not touch any of your hashes or take any percent of your mining profits, ever.) You can use this profile to mine Zcash, Zcash Classic, and other Equihash coins.

1651 (amd) claymore dual: eth+dcr/lbry/sia/pascal [claymore.dual.pcfg]
    Claymore’s Ethereum and Dual miner is a closed-source commercial miner with medium stability but high hashrates. It has limited API support, but we do our best to parse its logs to provide useful stats. This miner will mine to the developer’s pool and/or pay the developer a % of your hash. This may be disabled by adding parameters to your conf, but then the hashrate will be reduced. We recommend leaving it on so you and the developer each benefit. (Note: PIMP does not touch any of your hashes or take any percent of your mining profits, ever.) You can use this profile to mine Ubiq, Ethereum and Ethereum Classic coins, so it is a good Ethash miner. And if you want to dual mine, you can also mine at the same time Decred, Lbry, Sia, or Pascal algorithms/coins.

1701 (amd) claymore xmr amd: [claymore.xmr.amd.pcfg] [claymore.xmr.amd.pcfg]
    Claymore’s XMR miner for AMD is a closed-source commercial miner with medium stability but high hashrates. It has limited API support, but we do our best to parse its logs to provide useful stats. This miner will mine to the developer’s pool and/or pay the developer a % of your hash. This may be disabled by adding parameters to your conf, but then the hashrate will be reduced. We recommend leaving it on so you and the developer each benefit. (Note: PIMP does not touch any of your hashes or take any percent of your mining profits, ever.) You can use this profile to mine XMR, Monero, Cryptonight, Electroneum, and other coins.

1801 (amd) sgminer-lbrycrd: lbc [sgminer.lbry.conf]
    Sgminer-lbrycrd is a free open source miner branch of sgminer 5 with Lbrycrd algorithm support. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine LBRY coins.

1851 (amd) nsgminer: neoscrypt [nsgminer.neo.conf]
    Nsgminer is a free open source miner branch of sgminer 5 with optimized NeoScypt algorithm support. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You will have to create your own conf file for this profile, as there was not one available for demonstration.

1901 (amd) sgminer-revolvercoin: x11evo [sgminer.x11evo.conf]
    Sgminer-revolver is a free open source miner branch of sgminer 5 with optimized X11Evo algorithm support. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine RevolverCoin and other X11Evo coins.

1951 (amd) sgminer-spreadcoinx11: spread [ ]
    sgminer-spreadcoinx11is a free open source miner branch of sgminer 5 with optimized SpreadCoin algorithm support. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine SpreadCoin, but there is no profile, as you have to have an RPC wallet set up. You will have to create your own conf file for this profile, as there was not one available for demonstration.

1961 (amd) sgminer-raven: x16r [sgminer.raven.conf]
    Sgminer-revolver is a free open source miner branch of sgminer 5 with optimized x16r algorithm support. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine Ravencoin and other x16r coins.

Profiles for mining with nVidia GPUs:

2101 (nvid) ccminer: xmr [nvidia.ccminer.xmr.pcfg]
    CCminer is a free open source nvidia miner maintained by Tanguy Pruvot. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine XMR/Monero and other CryptoNight coins.

2102 (nvid) ccminer: dash (x11) [nvidia.ccminer.dash.pcfg]
    CCminer is a free open source nvidia miner maintained by Tanguy Pruvot. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine Dash and other X11 coins.

2103 (nvid) ccminer: lbry [nvidia.ccminer.lbry.pcfg]
    CCminer is a free open source nvidia miner maintained by Tanguy Pruvot. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine Lbry/Lbc coins.

2104 (nvid) ccminer: dgb-skein [nvidia.ccminer.skein.pcfg]
    CCminer is a free open source nvidia miner maintained by Tanguy Pruvot. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine Skein coins.

2105 (nvid) ccminer: aeon [nvidia.ccminer.aeon.pcfg]
    CCminer is a free open source nvidia miner maintained by Tanguy Pruvot. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine Aeon and other Crytonight-light coins.

2106 (nvid) ccminer: neoscrypt [nvidia.ccminer.neo.pcfg]
    CCminer is a free open source nvidia miner maintained by Tanguy Pruvot. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine Monacoin and other NeoScrypt coins.

2107 (nvid) ccminer: lyra2v2 [ccminer.lyra2v2.pcfg]
    CCminer is a free open source nvidia miner maintained by Tanguy Pruvot. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine lyra2v2 coins.

2108 (nvid) ccminer: lyra2z [ccminer.lyra2z.pcfg]
    CCminer is a free open source nvidia miner maintained by Tanguy Pruvot. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine lyra2z coins.

2109 (nvid) ccminer: groestl [ccminer.groestl.pcfg]
    CCminer is a free open source nvidia miner maintained by Tanguy Pruvot. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine groestl coins.

2121 (nvid) ccminer: cryptonight/xmr [ccminer.xmr.pcfg]
    This is a fork of the cryptonight branch of CCminer. CCminer is a free open source nvidia miner maintained by Tanguy Pruvot. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine cryptonight coins.

2201 (nvid) ccminer-skunk [nvidia.ccminer.skunk.pcfg]
    CCminer is a free open source nvidia miner maintained by Tanguy Pruvot. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine Signatum/Sigt/Skunk coins.

2231 (nvid) ccminer-xevan: [ccminer.xevan.pcfg] [ccminer.xevan.pcfg]
    CCminer-xevan is a crude fork of the free open source nvidia miner maintained by Tanguy Pruvot. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. This fork is optimized for xevan algorithm. You can use this profile to mine xevan coins.

2241 (nvid) ccminer-raven [ccminer.raven.pcfg]
    CCminer-raven is a crude fork of the free open source nvidia miner maintained by Tanguy Pruvot. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. This fork is optimized for x16r algorithm. You can use this profile to mine x16r and raven coins.

2401 (nvid) claymore dual: eth+dcr/lbry/sia/pascal [claymore.dual.pcfg]
    Claymore’s Ethereum and Dual miner is a closed-source commercial miner with medium stability but high hashrates. It has limited API support, but we do our best to parse its logs to provide useful stats. This miner will mine to the developer’s pool and/or pay the developer a % of your hash. This may be disabled by adding parameters to your conf, but then the hashrate will be reduced. We recommend leaving it on so you and the developer each benefit. (Note: PIMP does not touch any of your hashes or take any percent of your mining profits, ever.) You can use this profile to mine Ubiq, Ethereum and Ethereum Classic coins, so it is a good Eth miner. And if you want to dual mine, you can also mine at the same time Decred, Lbry, Sia, or Pascal algorithms/coins.

2451 (nvid) ethminer: ethash [ethminer.nvidia.pcfg] [ethminer.nvidia.pcfg]
    Ethminer is a free open course amd or nvidia miner. It has a full API support and much more control and tuning options available. You can use this profile to mine Ethereum, Eth Classic, PIRL, and other ethash coins.

2501 (nvid) ewbf: equihash [ewbf.equihash.pcfg]
    EWBF Equihash miner is a closed-source commercial miner with low stability but high hashrates. It has known issues with its API support, so sometimes a few starts are necessary for miner.farm to see it and collect stats. This miner will mine to the developer’s pool and/or pay the developer a % of your hash. This may be disabled by adding parameters to your conf, but then the hashrate will be reduced. We recommend leaving it on so you and the developer each benefit. (Note: PIMP does not touch any of your hashes or take any percent of your mining profits, ever.) You can use this profile to mine BitcoinPrivate, BitcoinGold, and some other Equihash variants.

2511 (nvid) bminer: zcash/equihash [bminer.equihash.pcfg]
    Bminer is a closed-source commercial miner with high stability and high hashrates. This is the recommended equihash miner for nvidia GPUs. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. This miner will mine to the developer’s pool and/or pay the developer a % of your hash. This may be disabled by adding parameters to your conf, but then the hashrate will be reduced. We recommend leaving it on so you and the developer each benefit. (Note: PIMP does not touch any of your hashes or take any percent of your mining profits, ever.) You can use this profile to mine Zcash, Zcash Classic, and other Equihash coins.

2512 (nvid) bminer: ethash/btm/dual dcr/xvg [bminer.dual.pcfg]
    Bminer is a closed-source commercial miner with high stability and high hashrates. This is the recommended ethash miner for nvidia GPUs. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. This miner will mine to the developer’s pool and/or pay the developer a % of your hash. This may be disabled by adding parameters to your conf, but then the hashrate will be reduced. We recommend leaving it on so you and the developer each benefit. (Note: PIMP does not touch any of your hashes or take any percent of your mining profits, ever.) You can use this profile to mine Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Musicoin, and other Ethash algorithm coins.

2521 (nvid) dstm: zcash/equihash [dstm.equihash.pcfg]
    dstm is a closed-source commercial miner with high stability and high hashrates. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. This miner will mine to the developer’s pool and/or pay the developer a % of your hash. This may be disabled by adding parameters to your conf, but then the hashrate will be reduced. We recommend leaving it on so you and the developer each benefit. (Note: PIMP does not touch any of your hashes or take any percent of your mining profits, ever.) You can use this profile to mine Zcash, Zcash Classic, and other Equihash coins.

2601 (nvid) zenemy: x16r/xevan/phi [zenemy.multi.pcfg]
    is a closed-source commercial miner with high stability and high hashrates. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. This miner will mine to the developer’s pool and/or pay the developer a % of your hash. This may be disabled by adding parameters to your conf, but then the hashrate will be reduced. We recommend leaving it on so you and the developer each benefit. (Note: PIMP does not touch any of your hashes or take any percent of your mining profits, ever.) You can use this profile to mine X16r(Ravencoin), Xevan, and Phi based coins.

Profiles for mining with CPUs:

3101 (cpu) cpuminer-multi: xmr [cpuminer-multi.xmr.pcfg]
    CPUminer-multi is a free open source CPU miner maintained by Tanguy Pruvot. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine XMR/Monero and other CryptoNight coins.

3102 (cpu) cpuminer-multi: aeon [cpuminer-multi.aeon.pcfg]
    CPUminer-multi is a free open source CPU miner maintained by Tanguy Pruvot. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine AEON and other CryptoNight-Light (CryptoLight) coins.

3201 (cpu/amd/nvid) xmrstak v2.4.5 (pimp2.5.1+): cryptonight [xmrstak.pcfg]
    XMR-Stak is a Cryptonight/Cryptonight-light open source miner that allows you to mine with AMD and/or NVIDIA and/or CPU. It has a full API support, strong stability and reliability. You can use this profile to mine XMR(Monero), SUMO, AEON and other CryptoNight-Light (CryptoLight) coins.

Profiles for mining with USB ASICs/FPGAs (AntMiners, Gridseeds, Zeus, etc):

5101 (asic) bfgminer: for usb gridseed/asics [bfg.gsd.conf]
    BFGminer is a free open source USB ASIC/PFGA miner maintained by Luke-Jr. You can use this profile to mine DASH, X11, X13, X15, Eth, Decred, Blake, and other algorithms on GRIDSEED style devices.

5102 (asic) bfgminer: for usb zeus/asics [bfg.zeus.conf]
    BFGminer is a free open source USB ASIC/PFGA miner maintained by Luke-Jr. You can use this profile to mine DASH, X11, X13, X15, Decred, Blake, and other algorithms on ZEUS style devices.

5201 (asic) cgminer-4.3.0: for usb gridseed/asics [cgminer.gsd.conf]
    CGminer 4.3 is a free open source USB ASIC/PFGA miner branch of the original CGminer by ckolivas, optimized for USB ASICS/FPGAs. You can use this profile to mine DASH, X11, X13, X15, Decred, Blake, and other algorithms on GRIDSEED style devices.

5202 (asic) cgminer-4.3.0: for usb zeus/asics [cgminer.zeus.conf]
    CGminer 4.3 is a free open source USB ASIC/PFGA miner branch of the original CGminer by ckolivas, optimized for USB ASICS/FPGAs. You can use this profile to mine DASH, X11, X13, X15, Decred, Blake, and other algorithms on ZEUS style devices.

User Profiles

What are User Profiles?

You can also create your own profiles using the minerfarm agent console or terminal commands. A profile is simply a binary miner file and a conf/pcfg file.

Using minerfarm agent console

See "You can also use the Agent console to manage miners and profiles" above.

Using terminal commands

Open a terminal and type:

minerfarm -b /path/to/binary -c /path/to/conf

Example could be: minerfarm -b /opt/miners/sgminer/sgminer -c /opt/confs/myspecialzcash.conf

This will add a new miner with next available ID (2, 3, 4, etc.) Then you can add the profile as a miner with:

pimp --add 2

Then you can control/start the miner just like the Managed Profiles.

Here is an example of adding a new profile:

0_1515111630258_pimp-adding-a-user-profile.png

• Staff

Hey nvidia miners, you can mine all these too using PiMP, by changing any nvidia.ccminer.*.pcfg profile.

Here is a list of coins/algos supported by ccminer 2.2.4 as of 2018-01-15:

bastion     use to mine Joincoin
                          bitcore     use to mine Bitcore's Timetravel10
                          blake       use to mine Saffroncoin (Blake256)
                          blakecoin   use to mine Old Blake 256
                          blake2s     use to mine Nevacoin (Blake2-S 256)
                          bmw         use to mine Midnight
                          cryptolight use to mine AEON cryptonight (MEM/2)
                          cryptonight use to mine XMR cryptonight, Bytecoin, Dash, DigitalNote, etc
                          c11/flax    use to mine Chaincoin and Flax
                          decred      use to mine Decred 180 bytes Blake256-14
                          deep        use to mine Deepcoin
                          dmd-gr      use to mine Diamond-Groestl
                          equihash    use to mine ZEC, HUSH and KMD
                          fresh       use to mine Freshcoin
                          fugue256    use to mine Fuguecoin
                          groestl     use to mine Groestlcoin
                          hsr         use to mine Hshare
                          jackpot     use to mine Sweepcoin
                          keccak      use to mine Maxcoin
                          keccakc     use to mine CreativeCoin
                          lbry        use to mine LBRY Credits
                          luffa       use to mine Joincoin
                          lyra2       use to mine CryptoCoin
                          lyra2v2     use to mine Vertcoin
                          lyra2z      use to mine Zerocoin (XZC)
                          myr-gr      use to mine Myriad-Groest
                          neoscrypt   use to mine FeatherCoin, Trezarcoin, Orbitcoin, etc
                          nist5       use to mine TalkCoin
                          penta       use to mine Joincoin / Pentablake
                          phi         use to mine LUXCoin
                          polytimos   use to mine Polytimos
                          quark       use to mine Quarkcoin
                          qubit       use to mine Qubit
                          scrypt      use to mine Scrypt coins (Litecoin, Dogecoin, etc)
                          scrypt:N    use to mine Scrypt-N (:10 for 2048 iterations)
                          scrypt-jane use to mine Chacha coins like Cache and Ultracoin
                          s3          use to mine 1coin (ONE)
                          sha256t     use to mine OneCoin (OC)
                          sia         use to mine SIA
                          sib         use to mine Sibcoin
                          skein       use to mine Skeincoin
                          skein2      use to mine Woodcoin
                          skunk       use to mine Signatum
                          timetravel  use to mine MachineCoin
                          tribus      use to mine Denarius
                          x11evo      use to mine Revolver
                          x11         use to mine DarkCoin
                          x14         use to mine X14Coin
                          x15         use to mine Halcyon
                          x17         use to mine X17
                          vanilla     use to mine Vanilla (Blake256)
                          veltor      use to mine VeltorCoin
                          whirlpool   use to mine Joincoin
                          wildkeccak  use to mine Boolberry (Stratum only)
                          zr5         use to mine ZiftrCoin

Details here: https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/blob/linux/README.txt

• Staff

From AnjinMeili on Discord:

one of the pieces we strive for with pimp, is giving miners a fully integrated mining platform that can be easily extended using most any miner. The tools and libraries are already inplace, compiled from sources and patched to current for you. Takes the major headache away of sourcing, building, integrating, and testing all the bits and pieces required by most crypto software. As Lily pointed out, if the miner is based on one we already support, chances are it will be common enough to the parent (ccminer in this case) to drop right into the pimp and miner.farm framework as well. Let us know what you want us to add!

• Staff

updated 2018-04-03

• Staff

How default conf files work video added 2018-04-07

• Staff

PiMP Video: How to list, add, test and delete managed profiles with pimp --add, pimp --list, pimp --test, and pimp --delete. Special pimpup tricks too! Added 2018-04-08

• Staff

Updated to current listing 2018-07-30

Want 10% more hash from your rigs?

We promise to keep your email safe and never spam you.

Copyright (c) 2017 PiMP LLC. All rights Reserved.

Looks like your connection to PiMP Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.